Sunday, January 6, 2019

THE WRAP #184 - January 2019 - Blog. Life. Music. Books. Food. Web.

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FOUR
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. BOOKS. WEB.



THE WRAP
MONTHLY WRAP-UP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. BOOKS. WEB.
STACKING THE SHELVES

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON. WANTING TO READ. WISHING FOR...
DECEMBER EDITION

THE SNIDGET
HARRY POTTER AND FANTASY NEWS
SPECIAL YULE EDITION

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Bookish Holiday Traditions

BUMBERSHOOT'S
PIN IT. HAUL IT. COOK IT. DO IT.
HOGWARTS HOLIDAY GINGER BREAD EDITION

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

BOOK CRUST
BOOK COVER LOVE

2019 READING CHALLENGES
INTRODUCTIONS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT
2018 READING WRAP-UP

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON. WANTING TO READ. WISHING FOR...
JANUARY EDITION

LOOKING FORWARD
UPCOMING EVENTS AND POSTS
2019 OVERVIEW EDITION


As you probably noticed THE WRAP is now a once a month feature, that's why there were so many Looking Back posts listed. Ha ha. I will also be linking up with Nicole from FEED YOUR FICTION ADDICTION on her monthly wrap-up linky. For everything else new drop by my 2019 LOOKING FORWARD.
I have been having a problem with SPAM replies on comments, as have other DISQUS users, so I may be moderating the comment section for a bit while DISQUS figures out whats going on.



It was December last month, so there were a lot of holidays! My son and I celebrate Yule (Solstice-New Year's Day). On Solstice we have a pomegranate drink of some sort with fresh pomegranate pips and lemons and limes. This year the foundation juice was pineapple and now I'm addicted to pineapple juice with freshly squeezed lime juice. It was non-alcoholic this year because Baz had to go into work after dinner. We also have a vegan meal with homemade macaroons for dessert, and exchange handmade gifts, nuts, or candles. This year's first pomegranate was so perfect I went out and bought another so I could save it for photos!

On Christmas Eve I brought back our old tradition of giving cookies and a book. I gave Baz THE ICE DRAGON and the chocolate drizzled peanut butter Ritz minis I made. Not quite cookies, but I was worn out from making the macaroons. Ha ha. Baz got a pass on this because of college finals and papers, and working weird holiday retail shifts, but he's on board for next year.


We had a Harry Potter themed Christmas tree this year...
I was inspired by Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and her annual HP tree. You can see her tree and ornaments in this post: HERE.



I couldn't find our purple tree lights, so I ordered purple spider lights. *follow the spiders* It's been eight years since I have decorated a full tree. I have been doing just a small bare twig Yule branch the last few years.

I accidentally hung the owl bead garland upside down. Heh heh.

Professor Flitwick is hanging a star on our tree!


I had to search for the dragon ornaments! I have three exactly alike, so I am sending the other two to Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS and Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG, so we can have matching ornaments on our trees next year.



Next year I'm going to decorate a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff tree! I might do a small Slytherin tree for the cat. In searching for the dragon ornaments I found all of my "good" ornaments. When we moved to the Victorian mansion apartment (the apartment we had before this one), I got rid of all the plastic and wooden kid safe ornaments and only kept the ceramic, glass, and metal ornaments;  I bought some beaded ornaments to round things out. Seeing them made me want to also have a real tree with the "good" ornaments on it. So, potentially three trees next year, plus the Yule branch which I still had in my bedroom this year with fairy lights on it. I'm tired just thinking about it, ha ha.

The carousel in our local park (the Twilight Zone carousel) on the Saturday before Christmas.


Oh, and I retired from my day job on New Years Day!






A chinchilla in a top hat, holding a sunflower while tippy-toeing in red sneakers. Made you smile. Ha ha.



GOING POSTAL - Kindle sale. $1.99 (now)
SHADOWLESS - Kindle sale. $3.82 (now)
PERN DRAGON DRUMS - Kindle sale. $2.82 (now)
WAR BLOG - Goodreads win. (free on Kindle Unlimited)
THE POPPY WAR - Kindle sale. $1.99 (back to $10.99)

NETGALLEY
BLACKBERRY AND WILD ROSE - January
KEEPING LUCY - August
RUBY IN THE SKY - February




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON. WANTING TO READ. WISHING FOR...

THE SNIDGET
MAGICAL NEWS BULLETIN
Harry Potter Fandom - Fantasy Readers

BOOK JACKET
COVER LOVE

BLOG ALL ABOUT IT
MONTHLY BLOGGING PROMPT CHALLENGE

PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S
WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS
Witch and Wizard Lifestyle Feature

STUFFING MY SHELVES
STACKING THE SHELVES

LOOKING FORWARD
WHAT'S COMING UP ON THE BLOG EACH MONTH

THE WRAP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. BOOKS. WEB.

*There will always be a chance of a: DOWN THE TBR HOLE, CONVERSATIONS, RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV,
TAG... YOU'RE IT!, IS THIS YOUR CUP?, or CHIT CHAT.

Have a spectacular new year, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.