Tuesday, January 15, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #231 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-ONE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★★
(4.5)
After I got past the seemingly never-ending dragon "hatching" scene in the beginning the story was glorious! This was one of those books where after I was done, and next sat down to read, I was sad remembering I had finished. I know for sure I will be reading the rest of the dragon themed Rain Wild Chronicles, but the Liveship Traders element in this book didn't interest me much, and I don't care for stories about assassins, so this world arc maybe it for me and Hobb. Although I have no idea what the Tawny Man books are about. Have any of you read them?

★★★★
(4.5)
The reason this TMT is so late is I wanted to get the last book in the WINTERNIGHT TRILOGY finished. I don't even have my Goodreads review up yet, but ah, that ending, though, I had so much love for it! It also made me teary-eyed in a couple of places and that hardly ever happens to me. The second book is still my favorite because it was packed full of wonderfulness from beginning to end. As in the first book this end story had a scene that was way too long, full of repetitive images and elements. I have come across this in several different books lately. Have Fantasy authors started striving for a certain sized page count, or stretching out series that were originally intended to be duologies? I'm not sure I'm on board with having to pay for extraneous content that wants to be skim read, just so the author can publish a third book.



YOUNG ADULT
CHRONICLES OF FALLHOLLOW SERIES
FANTASY
I was sent these two lovelies from MONTH9 BOOKS for my January Dragon Daze reading. I will be starting them later tonight. There is a recently published third book in the series I hope to have time for, also.



ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION
18TH CENTURY LONDON
Published January 10th - Netgalley
This story sounds atmospheric like the Diane Setterfield and Sarah Perry titles I have read and adored. It's my next ARC as I was only recently approved for it.

YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
FANTASY/DRAGONS
I am still intending to read my son's hardcover. It's only 125 pages, so I know I can slip it in this month, somewhere.



He finished RECKLESS (Mirror World #1) by Cornelia Funke today, and loved it, but he didn't want to start the next one and not be able to finish before school starts next Tuesday, so he's going to read the short illustrated Martin YA I gave him for Christmas. See my "next" above.


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.