Sunday, January 20, 2019

PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S Witchery Cookery & Magical Homes and Gardens - January 2019 Edition

APRIL 2019 EDITION

This my monthly magical witching and wizarding lifestyle feature inspired by my Facebook page BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS.


Thursday, February 7th is HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT, which is celebrated around the world. This year's theme is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As I mentioned in my January THE SNIDGET post, I thought it would be fun to not only read HP, but snack HP! The official hashtag is #HarryPotterBookNight, but if you make any of these snacks, or any of your own Harry Potter themed food or drink... take a photo and hashtag it #TheSnidget and/or #WitcheryCookery on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and I'll feature it on the next The Snidget post!

Honestly, there are a million billion butterbeer recipes out there, most claiming to taste just like the Wizarding World official beverage. Some you have to cook, some you don't. Some are served hot, some cold. Does The Wizarding World of Harry Potter serve both hot and cold versions? The easiest version I have found is on BAKINGDOM, it is cream soda and imitation butter flavor, or clarified butterShe also has recipes for BUTTERBEER HOT CHOCOLATE and FROZEN BUTTERBEER.




For edible snacks I'm going to stick to easy. These witches hats are just Hershey's Kisses stuck to a chocolate wafer with, I assume, frosting or by melting the bottom a little bit over a candle? You wouldn't have to put them on a cupcake, you could eat them as a witch hat cookie!

You can find the more extensive recipe for SORTING HAT CUPCAKES on Delish.




The quickest simplest Hogwarty snack ever! I made this for a couple of my son's birthday parties and one Harvest of Good Books (Halloween) party at his school. Just toss them in a bowl and mix. Done!




These Honeyduke's favorites seem pretty easy!




PEA SOUP?
I'll have mine from a can or carton... easy peasy, but if you want to make the Leaky Cauldron innkeeper, Tom's, infamous soup from scratch you can find the instructions on FEAST OF STARLIGHT.

Just remember to eat it before it eats you!





MAGICAL KITCHEN
AN UNOFFICIAL HARRY POTTER COOKBOOK
And to accompany your soup, Yorkshire Pudding. I had no idea how simple it is to make! It's one of the recipes from this nifty magical cookbook I picked up on ebook special last year. It goes on sale for $1.99 now and again, so put it on your Amazon ebook wishlist and check from time to time.




Speaking of butterbeer... learn how to make your own Leaky Cauldron style mugs on CHICA AND JO. There is also another recipe.





This is an embroidered quilt made by ELLEN HARDY BAKER in 1886 to aid in teaching her rural school students Astronomy. The story is fascinating, so please click on the link, and also the links in the Brain Pickings website article, and read about this fabulous frontier woman. I am going to make a copy of this for my bed! It's planned as a year long project, but lets see how long it takes. I'll be making update posts about it, so stay tuned. I think it would make Professor Sinistra proud.




Are you planning any crafty projects in the upcoming year?
Will you be joining us for Harry Potter Book Night?
Do you have any witchy snack ideas, or butterbeer recipes to add in the comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.