Tuesday, January 1, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #229 - Last. Now. Next. - December and 2018 Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-NINE
2018 READING WRAP-UP

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




★★
For the detective MC check box on the Better World Books 2018 Reading Challenge.

★★★
(3.5)
This was my title for "recommended by a librarian" on the BWB challenge book list.

★★★★★
Based on a movie for the BWB list.

★★★★★
The last book I needed for the BWB challenge with "a book published the year you were born."



YOUNG ADULT
NEW ADULT
DARK FANTASY
PERMAFROST SERIES #1
Publishes January 6th - Netgalley
This is my current ARC. It's about goblins. So far I don't care for it. It's very violent. Edelweiss says it's YA, but the violence and the type of sexual references say NA to me. to I just saw a review that said there are dragons in it, so at least it fits in with my January dragon theme. Ha ha.



Something with dragons because it's JANUARY DRAGON DAZE here on the blog.



DECEMBER = 11
CURRENT ARCS = 2
BACKLIST ARCS = 1
NEWBERY CHALLENGE = 0
NONFICTION = 2
HOOPLA = 4


42/50
I missed it by eight books, but I still feel accomplished because I think I only read around five or six backlist books a year before this challenge!
TOTAL BACKLIST ARCS = 12
And twelve backlist ARCs is wonderful!
TEAM


I MADE IT! The food diary "book" ended up being more like a pamphlet at 26 pages, so I read a BOOK ABOUT GRATITUDE in its place.


Seven books and 5,500 pages more than last year! The final count was 92. I had forgotten to put a finished date on the Star Wars book.




He didn't get to Barnes and Noble to get his next DRESDEN FILES title, or my Christmas book gifts *big frowny face*, and he still wasn't into starting the next SONG OF FIRE AND ICE, so he grabbed the first book in the MIRROR WORLD SERIES from my shelves in hardcover.




Did you meet all of your 2018 challenges?
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.