Sunday, December 2, 2018

THE WRAP #183 - BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB. - Winter Wonderland?

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB.
STACKING THE SHELVES



THE WRAP
BI-MONTHLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

BOOK CRUST
BOOK COVERS

THANKFUL
BOOKISH THANKS

LOOKING FORWARD
DECEMBER EDITION

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

CHIT CHAT
BACKLIST VS. BACKLOG
BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG




It's been winter wonderland around here...

This was November 23rd. Ugh. The wind chill was -5°F (that's -21°C), plus we had already gotten a snow storm on the 15th. It's going to be a long winter.


My holiday shopping is done! Well, except for the jeans I'm buying for Baz. He finally found a style of Levis that are close at the ankle and have more room in the butt area than skinny jeans, and also ride just above the hips, but they are more expensive and don't seem to go on sale. I'm waiting for an all inclusive Levis sale online before I buy him two pair. He already knows he's getting them because he asked for them, so there's no rush. I might wait for the after holiday sales to buy them. The only other thing I have to do is make the chocolate chip cookie/brownie/peanut butter cup "cupcakes" my nephews, whom I collectively call The Three Tenors, request every year. I give them with their B&N gift cards. They call them "triple threat cupcakes"

I  read that you can swap out the peanut butter cups for Oreos. I'm going to try it! What is your favorite baked good to receive during the holidays?



Any time my sister sees cheap little Harry Potter items, like these buttons from Five Below, she buys them for me.




STACKING THE SHELVES IS HOSTED BY

EXIT (FLOATERS) - was a freebie
ONE IN A MILLION - was a freebie - for BWB reading challenge
OLD CROTCHET'S RETURN - was a freebie
RUIN AND RISING - was $2.99
KUNKLESTICKS - was a freebie

THE LIFE-CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP - free with Amazon promotional credits
I am going to be doing a post about minimalistic living, so I picked this up to add to the other downsizing books, I've been picking up along the way, to read for the post.
HILLBILLY ELEGY - free with Amazon promotional credits
This book is supposed to give insight into why tRump supporters are so loyal, but after reading some reviews, I'm not so sure it is all that enlightening.
QUIET MIND, EPIC LIFE - it was a short term freebie
I am going to be reviewing one self-improvement/self-help book a month next year, or at least that's my intent, so I grabbed this. It has come to my attention that most of these self-pub self-help guru authors are talking out their arse. Ha!
OLD LETTERS AND NEW DEMONS - it was a one day freebie Horror story
Now that I am retiring in January and seeing how little money will be coming in, I want to start researching Manchild Manchild can make his retirement a little more comfortable. You can take the girl out of research, but you cant take the research out of the girl. Heh heh.

THE OTHER SIDE - it's still a freebie Portal Fantasy, today 
SURVIVING MINIMIZED - Goodreads win
It's for my July Summer in the City theme
DID YOU JUST EAT THAT? - Goodreads win
Two scientists explore double-dipping, the five-second rule, and other food myths in their lab. It sounds fabulous!


We had about one hour of sunshine one day here, in the last two weeks, so again there are no physical book photos. I will have to do a standalone STS one week because I have two Book Outlet orders coming, a book from B&N, and two wins from Goodreads to add to the last two BO and Better World Books orders from before. *screams into the void*





MAKE BOOKSHELF SUPPORTS THAT ARE DISGUISED AS BOOKS: HERE.

FIND AS TOLD BY TINA'S 2019 READINGS CHALLENGES INDEX: HERE.

PERUSE A DANCE WITH BOOK'S SF/FANTASY 2019 READING CHALLENGE: HERE.
(psssst... it has bingo cards)

LEARN HOW TO IDENTIFY RARE COLLECTABLE BOOKS FROM CHARITY SHOPS: HERE.

I found an interesting TOR.COM ARTICLE about FIRE AND BLOOD, the first book in a planned two volume history of Westeros.
Liis from COVER TO COVER also posted the link to an intriguing BOOKSTR ARTICLE  on her blog's Facebook page about George R.R. Martin's self imposed hermitdom in a mountain wilderness cabin, until THE WINDS OF WINTER is finished. Hmm...





TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON - WANTING - WISHING FOR

THE SNIDGET
MAGICAL NEWS BULLETIN
YULE EDITION
Harry Potter Fandom - Fantasy Readers

BOOK CRUST
BOOK COVERS

THE WRAP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB.
STACKING THE SHELVES

*There will always be a chance of a: DOWN THE TBR HOLE, CONVERSATIONS, RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV,
TAG - YOU'RE IT!, or PIN IT. HAUL IT. DO IT!

Have a  fabulous new week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.