Tuesday, January 29, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #233 - Last. Now. Next. - TOP TEN

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-THREE
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
(go and check out Michelle's new blog design)
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★

★★★★
Publishes May 7th - Netgalley
I went to Goodreads to get the cover image for a post, and I saw a publication date of January 10th, when I thought it published in spring, and I freaked out. Instead of checking Netgalley like I should have, I downloaded it and began reading it, I loved it by the way. When I went back to mark it as read and clicked on the Kindle edition the pub date was May 7th. Blergh. When I went to Netgalley it said May, and so did my ARC schedule. I wouldn't be angry, but it took away from reading dragon books for Dragon Daze.



ADULT FICTION
FANTASY
DAEVABAD TRILOGY BOOK TWO
Published January 22nd - Netgalley
The first title in this trilogy was chaotic and confusing for about the first 75 percent, but the last 20 percent, or so, was fabulous; so I figured the author had finally hit her writing stride, and I was eager to dive into this sequel, but the beginning was just as bad as the first book. However, once again things seem to be settling in, and much earlier, at about 45 percent. I have my fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing from this point on. It's been taking too long to read because I keep going back to find things I thought I missed, only to find out I hadn't missed anything. I'm a bit miffed because it's cutting in on my dragon books for Dragon Daze.



MIDDLE GRADE
FANTASY
My next Dragon Daze read.

NONFICTION
MUSIC
Published January 9th - Netgalley
This is my next ARC.





HOSTED BY
LAST TEN BOOKS ADDED TO MY TBR

ADULT FICTION
I read a stellar REVIEW of this story on PRINCESS AND PAGES. She described it as a fairytale horror story. It's a Read Now on Netgalley!


ADULT FICTION
I saw this on JO'S BOOK BLOG. She loved it! Here's her GOODREADS REVIEW.


MIDDLE GRADE
I saw this on a new Goodreads friend's "owned-but-unread" shelf. I swear I first saw it on her blog, so if anyone knows the link to CARISSA'S current blog, or her Twitter, let me know.


MIDDLE GRADE
I stumbled upon this on CAROLE'S RANDOM LIFE IN BOOK'S REVIEW. It's still available on Netgalley.


YOUNG ADULT
I saw this on Annemieke's 2019 NEW RELEASES POST on A DANCE WITH BOOKS. I requested it on Edelweiss, but I was denied. I hope it shows up on Netgalley.


ADULT FICTION
Barb, from BOOKER T'S FARM, made me add this to my teetering TBR with her CAN'T WAIT WEDNESDAY POST. It is available for request on Edelweiss.


ADULT FICTION
I read a REVIEW for this Fantasty on COVER TO COVER and at $3.82, for 500 pages of reading, It sounds perfect for a cold December winter weekend read!


ADULT FICTION
This title was on my "looks-interesting" shelf on Goodreads until I saw Elizabeth from SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH raving about it on her 2018 BEST IN BOOKS POST, last week; and I moved it to my "to-read" shelf.


ADULT FICTION
I read and loved another of this author's compellingly strange and lovely books, THE LIGHTENING STENOGRAPHY DEVICE, and she sent me a copy of her new book! If you like deeply philosophical and psychologically introspective stories this title is available on Netgalley.


EPISTOLARY NONFICTION
I needed an epistolary book for the 2019 Read Harder Challenge, then someone tweeted photos of two pages of this book and I fell in love! My library didn't have it online and neither did Hoopla, so I looked for a Kindle edition and still no luck; but Better World Books to the rescue, they have used paperbacks and hardcovers for $3.98, and as you know... free international shipping!

What's on top of your TBR?
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.