Sunday, April 29, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #164 - A College Boy and a Dewey Hangover


NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FOUR


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON
INTENT POST

COVER CONVERSATIONS
PICTURE BOOK WEEK


It was DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON weekend and I managed to read a 1K+ page book!

It was 46.5 hours long as an audiobook, but I managed to listen to it all in a 22.5 hour all nighter, on 2X and 3X speeds. Of course there were special snacks involved...

I am pretty mentally and physically hungover today from the all nighter. I think for the October Dewey's I am going to do what a majority of the participants did this year and follow a normal schedule, but read instead of watch television, play video games, shop, or go out with friends. I think I will go to bed as I normally do, but get up an hour or two earlier on Sunday to read.




It snowed today, but because I was sleeping late, after going to bed around 7:30 am, I missed it. Ha ha. It was gone by the time I woke up around 2:00 pm. It's been hovering around freezing today so it's cold again... brrrrrrrrrr. We shut the furnace down last week so I've been boiling water on the stove to heat the place up. The weatherman was a liar when he said we had seen the last of the snow and cold.
My son went in for advisement, and is registered for all of his college classes for the fall semester. It's been a long ride because of his health and two major changes, but he is officially a senior now! 



I love that my son was attuned to the fact I was doing a 24 hour read-a-thon and he bought special snacks for it without me asking for them.





BOUGHT EBOOKS
This is by the author of Newbery Award winner Sarah Plain and Tall. I bought it to read for Jolene's and my Dog Days of Summer, month long feature, in July. It's only 96 pages, so 99¢ was a good price, but it's back up to $2.99.

Well, I saw this on Laura's blog FUONLYKNEW, and had to have it because of the title and the cover, ha ha. It's still only 99¢!




DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON
WRAP-UP


TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Books I'd Commit a Felony to Get Early


COVER CONVERSATIONS
OFF MY SHELF


 THE BOOK MOSH
APRIL EDITION
Books & Reading Only Wrap-Up
STACKING THE SHELVES
$10 GC GIVEAWAY
This is the month I will be switching to every two months, so the next Mosh will be May/June and the giftcard draw will be for $10.


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS


And don't forget about my Twitter GIVEAWAY. Only eight people have retweeted, so the odds are in your favor!
@LaLasBookStuff
Have a splendid week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.