Tuesday, April 24, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #194

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND NINTEY-FOUR
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



LAST WEEK'S TMT




I haven't rated any of these yet, but Practical Magic is teetering between three stars and two. Megabat is one star because the kids keep a sick bat a secret from their parents with no consequences. Not a good message to send when bats are so prone to rabies, and you can contract it from just being scratched. The Cody book was a big winner at five stars.


I'm really conflicted about this book. The author is skilled at writing setting and scene descriptions, but is it Horror? Hmm... it's more like Gorror, is that a genre? Ha ha. It's not scary at all, just gory. There is also a knack to writing short story endings and she doesn't have it. I know the stories are trying to show that humans are the real monsters, but doesn't Horror have to have a scare element? Maybe I'm wrong. It's filled with cheesy gross-out shock gore. I'm 70% finished and I have only somewhat liked a couple of stories so far.


My next ARC.

And I'm doing DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON again this weekend! Tune in tomorrow for my challenge post to see what behemoth of a book I am going to attempt to finish in one day.



HOSTED BY:
FREQUENTLY USED YA TITLE WORDS
I didn't put enough work into this to link-up with TTT because I got on a writing jag today, which I haven't done in a long time, and it has been left bare bones, ha ha...

"OF ____ AND ____"

 "FIRE"

"GIRL"

"BONE"

"ME/I/MY"

"WITCH/WITCHES"

"QUEEN"

 "BLOOD"

"LOVE"

 "CROWN(S)"

I guess if I write a YA novel it should be titled: Of Blood Bone Fire Queen Crowns and Witch Girls I Love. 
I was happy to see no "Of ___ and ___" in the first 150 YA books on the Goodreads 2018 list! I am so tired of seeing that, and I roll my eyes hard when I come across one. If you have seen a 2018 pub with that type of title let me know. Ha ha.
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.