Sunday, February 3, 2019

THE WRAP #185 - Blog. Life. Music. Food. Web.

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FIVE
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB.




THE WRAP
BI-MONTHLY WRAP-UP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. WEB.

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

THE SNIDGET
HARRY POTTER AND FANTASY NEWS
HARRY POTTER READING CHALLENGE
HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT

BOOK JACKET
BOOK COVERS
THERE BE DRAGONS

PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S
WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS
HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT SNACKS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

LOOKING FORWARD
UPCOMING EVENTS AND POSTS
FEBRUARY EDITION

READING REWIND REVIEW
THE HOBBIT

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
LAST BOOKS ADDED TO MY TBR

BLOG ALL ABOUT IT
FIRST
FIRST PROPER KISS
AM I A HOUSE STALKER?



It's been difficult blogging and commenting because the Kindle Fire keyboard has been massively messed up for weeks. The spellcheck mainly gives word options that have nothing to do with the typed word, and if you go in to fix it yourself it puts spaces between the letters and then when I hit the space bar it takes the space out between the corrected word and the previous word. When it does give me a correct spelling choice, if I click on it, it most times gives me gobbledygook...

I typed options without the "t", selected the correct word in the spelling list, and got "opopioopopions" when I clicked on it. Then there is also the random capital letters in the middle of words, and hitting backspace once and having it take out a big chunk of text, and retyping the previous word bunched together multiple times when I hit the space bar. Ugh.


The dongle my son uses to upload my photos to his computer from my memory card, so I can transfer them to my Kindle, broke, so he grabbed my laptop and it corrupted my memory card. I lost all of the photos I had taken since I bought the camera over two years ago. All but the last twenty some book photos that were usable had already been posted to the blog or instagram, thank goodness, but I lost around 20-30 personal photos I can't reshoot.

Google+ and GFC will be no longer after the beginning of April. It isn't supposed to affect Blogger, but there was mention of photos, I don't know if they are talking about the old Picassa photo archive, or something else. I am going to look into it further this coming week. There was an email.


.
A REMINDER that Thursday the 7th is HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT, my lovelies! I hope you will join me in reading something Potterish and eating wizarding snacks. If you make HP themed snacks, or dress up, post photos to Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook with the hashtags #TheSnidget and #WitcheryCookery, and I will feature them in a special The Snidget Book Night reflections post.
If you need magical snacking ideas, apparate over to my last PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S POST. We are having Leaky Cauldron pea soup and Yorkshire pudding for dinner, two kinds of homemade butterbeer, and hopefully golden snitch donuts!

I'll be wearing the Ravenclaw socks Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG sent me for Christmas, thanks Jolene, reading the HOGWARTS CINEMATIC YEARBOOK, and others, and drinking butterbeer from my Dobby mug!



It was -37°F (-38°C) with wind chill on January 21st and -29°F (-34°C) on the last day of January. I have been so thankful that I retired on the first of the year, and I didn't have to go out in it. My son was not so lucky, he has to walk to and from work, and quite a long way to the university Blue Bus Express stop, but he survived. It's supposed to be in the high 40s tomorrow, and above freezing until next Saturday. That's brilliant!


Remember RACHELF GUITAR, the young aspiring guitarist from YouTube whom I support on Patreon? Well, she just uploaded her three year progress video. It seems like I was posting her two year anniversary video only a short time ago. How time flies. She has been a wonderful inspiration for so many. Her year one progress video recently topped four million views!

And for those of you who don't believe in fate, remember when I showed you that Nita Strauss, Alice Cooper's guitarist, wore Rachelf's t-shirt in concert? Well, Rachel also won a guitar from Nita, too!

She won an air guitar contest at Nita's album release party.

If you watch Rachel's video you will see a larger version of this Yamaha THR5 modeling amp/interface I bought myself for Yule. I needed something lighter (and quieter) than my GK 250ML gig amp (peeking out at the bottom of the pic), so I could have it on a higher shelf next to my practice chair, and also not have to wear headphones to practice. I watched the DEMO Rachel did for her THR10 and knew I had found the practice amp I needed, and it looks ky-oot sitting on the shelf.


I happened upon CROW'S EYE PRODUCTION'S Getting Dressed in [insert century/era] videos on YouTube. They are fascinating!


Take a "collection" photo of these items and post it with #GratitudeScavengerHunt on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, before Valentine's Day, and I'll feature it in a special Valentine's blog post.



I wanted to mention that both:
Talitha from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITIQUES
and
Elizabeth from SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH
have posted recently, after being on hiatus. Please hop over and say welcome back.




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON - WANTING - WISHING FOR

BOOK JACKET
BOOK COVERS & BOOKSTAGRAM

THE SNIDGET
MAGICAL NEWS BULLETIN
Harry Potter Fandom - Fantasy Readers

PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S
WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS

BLOG ALL ABOUT IT CHALLENGE
MONTHLY BLOGGING PROMPT

LOOKING FORWARD
WHAT'S COMING UP ON THE BLOG NEXT MONTH

THE WRAP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB.

*There will always be a chance of a: STACKING THE SHELVES, CHALLENGES UPDATEDOWN THE TBR HOLE, CONVERSATIONS, RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV, CHIT CHAT, or TAG - YOU'RE IT!


Have a fantastic new week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.