Tuesday, February 5, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #234 - Last. Now. Next. - January Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR
JANUARY READING WRAP-UP

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★
ADULT FICTION
FANTASY
DAEVABAD TRILOGY BOOK 
Published January 22nd - Netgalley
Because I kept having to go back and look for information I thought I missed, but hadn't, it took me ten days to read this book. I didn't have time to read two other January ARCs because if this, and they have been added to my already too full February ARC list, which means I will get to less of my Black History Month reading. It also put me in a reading slump for the first two days of February, making things even worse. I didn't even want to look at at book.



ADULT LITERARY  FICTION
STANDALONE,
CONTEMPORARY
CULTURE/TRINIDAD
Published January 29th - Edelweiss
I saved this for a Black History Month title, but it was called to my attention that the author is most likely not a Black author. This happened to me three times last February where I purchased ebooks on sale about Black culture, being advertised as BHM books, but they were written by white people. I will be doing a post about it, this month.


NONFICTION
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR
i am watching, Karen, one of my favorite booktubers from RUNWRIGHT READS, read Maya Angelou's I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS on her YouTube channel. I have been meaning to read this book FOR-EV-ER and this will be an extra special way to experience it. You can access the playlist: HERE.



I'm going to be taking a trip down memory lane with some of these older Harry Potter books, including the Vanity Fair Sorcerer's Stone movie edition, I found in one of our storage boxes, from October 2001! I will also be reading articles I have missed on POTTERMORE.
.
REMINDER that Thursday the 7th is HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT, my lovelies! I hope you will join me in reading something Potterish and eating wizarding snacks. If you make HP themed snacks, or dress up, post photos to Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook with the hashtags #TheSnidget and #WitcheryCookery, and I will feature them in a special The Snidget Book Night reflections post.


YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
BLACK CULTURE
This my my next Black History Month book.





SEVEN BOOKS


DRAGON DAZE MONTH THEME = 5
*Dani from PERSPECTIVE OF A WRITER ALSO featured dragons during the month of January; see what she had to say in her wrap-up: HERE.

CURRENT ARCS = 4

MONTHLY STRIVE FORS
BACKLIST ARCS = 0 - 0/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE = 0 - 0/12
NONFICTION = 0 - 0/12
KINDLE FREEBIES = 0 - 0/24

YEAR-TO-DATE TOTALS
ARCS = 4 TOTAL 4
BACKLIST = 3 TOTAL 3
A TO Z COUNTRIES = 2 TOTAL 2/26 (England, Russia)
DIVERSE/ISSUES = 2 TOTAL 2
OWN VOICES AUTHORS = 1 TOTAL 1
WOMEN AUTHORS = 6 TOTAL 6
MEN AUTHORS = 1 TOTAL 1
NON-BINARY AUTHORS = 0 TOTAL 0
ADULT FICTION = 5 TOTAL 5
YOUNG ADULT FICTION = 2 TOTAL 2
MIDDLE GRADE = 0 TOTAL 0/24
CHILDREN'S CHAPTER BOOK = 0 TOTAL 0
CLASSICS = 0 TOTAL 0
FANTASY = 6 TOTAL 6
SCIENCE FICTION = 0  TOTAL 0
HISTORICAL FICTION = 0 TOTAL 0
CONTEMPORARY = 0 TOTAL 0
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR = 0 TOTAL 0
SELF-HELP/INSTRUCTIONAL = 0 TOTAL 0
NONFICTION SCIENCE/HISTORY = 0 TOTAL 0
MANGA/COMIC/GRAPHIC NOVEL = 0 TOTAL 0
ANTHOLOGY = 0 TOTAL
RE-READ = 0 TOTAL 0
DNF = 0 TOTAL 0


LIBRARY/HOOPLA = 1 TOTAL 1
EBOOK = 5 TOTAL 5
PHYSICAL = 1 TOTAL 1
AUDIOBOOK = 1 TOTAL 1

THE READ HARDER CHALLENGE - 3/24
DANCING WITH SCIFI & FANTASY CHALLENGE - Fantasy 5/20
RETELLINGS CHALLENGE - 1/11
HARRY POTTER CHALLENGE - level one completed
*I am going to do a separate post for these and the bingo cards near the end of March.

(no time limit)
NEWBERRY CHALLENGE - 12/97
A to Z COUNTRIES CHALLENGE - 2/26


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.