Sunday, July 31, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #71

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.


ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
READ-A-LONG UPDATE
▫▫▫
TELL ME TUESDAY
▫▫▫
THURSDAY THOUGHTS
▫▫▫
TOP FIVE FRIDAY
▫▫▫
BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
FOR WRITERS Q&A

I had been adding each week's new Anne Of Green Gables Read-A-Long Q&As to the original post, so on Monday I hit "revert to draft" and the entire post disappeared! THREE WEEKS OF UPDATES! There were no back or forward arrows lit up (I hit them anyway to no avail) and Blogger didn't make one of their glitch drafts (figures it wouldn't when it would have been a good thing). I had started following my blog by Feedburner recently because someone told me they weren't getting the emails for my posts until four days later and I wanted to see how long it would take me to get them (it's about 2.5 days for me), anyway, just my luck I started the DAY AFTER the last Anne update. So if anyone has my read-a-long update from Monday July 25th, and hasn't deleted it yet, I would be forever grateful if you could email it to me at lalainthelibrary(at)gmail(dot)com.


I was 18 books behind on my Goodreads Challenge so I changed it from 104 books to 72 books. That is six books a month instead of eight. Now I am only behind three. I read 112 last year, so I am scratching my head on that one. I am doing more blog posts, so maybe that is part of it.

WON BOOKISH
Both of A.G. Howard's new books ROSEBLOOD and THE ARCHITECT OF SONG have musical elements, so one of the prizes on her promotional giveaway was this musical themed necklace. That is a real silver chain not silver cord. I love it!

BOUGHT EBOOKS
GOODREADS
I finished THE WEE FREE MEN and couldn't decide if I wanted to continue the Tiffany Aching story arc and buy this book ($5.99), or continue the Rincewind arc with THE LIGHT FANTASTIC which I already own. After going back to read the excerpt of AHFOS at the end of TWFM I decided to buy this and continue reading about Tiffany.

If you read my BEYOND THE BOOKS about my favorite household items you saw that I love using my NorPro paleta maker to make gourmet ice pops.
I have wanted the above book forever but the ebook has been $9.99. Friday it was featured in one of the ebook sales emails I get and I was so happy to see it was $1.99. In the introduction they mentioned that they used the exact same NorPros I have the first two years they were in business and loved them too! The only reason they changed was they needed molds that could go into alcohol baths for quicker freezing times. The ebook is still $1.99 as of this posting.

I pre-ordered this so I could start reading it at midnight and I fell asleep sitting in my chair waiting for it to pop up on my Kindle. Ha ha! I am buddy reading it with Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG.

AND SO IT BEGINS...

Greg from BOOK HAVEN posted THE BOOKISH TIME TRAVEL TAG  and I loved it so much I am going to do it on Thursday. Go and check it out because you might want to do it, too!

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
READ-A-LONG WRAP-UP
▪▪▪
TELL ME TUESDAY
▪▪▪
THURSDAY TAG
The Bookish Time Travel Tag
▪▪▪
TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Books I'd Buy This Second
▪▪▪
SATURDAY EVENIING CONVERSATIONS
Author Interview TBA
▪▪▪
THE SUNDAY POST
Is anyone else reading The Cursed Child? Did anyone go to a bookstore midnight drop party?
Have a magical week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.