Thursday, July 7, 2016

BEYOND THE BOOKS #16

25 STRANGE THINGS
BEYOND THE BOOKS is a weekly meme where KissinBlueKaren throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish), and we blog about it.
 This week's prompt is 25 Things About Me and I have decided to make them strange.

I tried to come up with things that I haven't mentioned before, but I have done so many "about me" tags it was difficult, but I think I did pretty well.


1. I have eaten chocolate covered crickets.

2. I have only had Starbucks coffee once.

3. When I was in college my friends and I despised the pretentious disco crowd so much that we would get dressed up and go to the dance clubs with bologna in our shoes and stand around and smell the place up.

4. I used to draw "Coming Soon" and "Now Playing" lobby posters for an X-rated movie theater.  *Musicians will make a buck any way they can. Ha ha.

5. Mr. Rogers once played with the buttons on my dress. It is a cute story. Remind me to tell you sometime.


6. I once had a crew cut. It was called a teddy, but it was still a crew cut.

7. I used to mosh at heavy metal concerts. In fact, the last time I did it was in a pit at a metal club in Rochester N.Y. when I was 36 and my son was one year old. *He was with his grandparents. Don't worry, I didn't take him in the mosh pit. Ha ha.

8. I was once peed on by a lion cub. And let me tell you, they pee a lot!

9. One of my ancestors was the first deacon of The Old Dutch Church featured in The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow.

10. I saw Andy Warhol walking down the street in NYC the day before he died.


11. I asked for a toolbox for my 13th birthday and I got one.

12. When I was eight I wanted to be a goat herder when I grew up.

13. My father wanted me to be an astronaut.

14. I took pipe organ lessons when I was 10 and my teacher's name was Mr. Paine. I had to stop because when I was dropped off at the church to practice, and I was all alone in the sanctuary, I was so afraid that ghosts from the cemetery in the back were watching me that I would curl up in a shivering little ball underneath the organ and wait for my grandmother to return in an hour. After Mr. Paine told my mother I was hopeless (not practicing will do that) they stopped my lessons. I was deliriously happy.

15. I rode an ostrich at a wild animal farm and I am saddened to this day that there are no photos of it.


16.  I have never eaten avocado. In fact, I almost have a phobia about the sight of guacamole.

17. I won the sit up competition at my high school in 10th grade. It included the boys.

18. I have been to an Ice Capades show only twice in my life and both times the comedy skater came out into the audience and sat in my lap.

19. I had a pet walking stick insect named Sticky.

20. The guys in Aerosmith once kept me up all night. *It's not what you think.
My band stayed at the same hotel as Aerosmth one night. Originally the hotel had kept the entire floor beneath their rooms vacant because of the noise factor, but when we asked for rooms I guess they figured we wouldn't mind the noise because we were a rock band and gave us rooms on that floor. The amount of noise they made above us was unbelievable! At one point it sounded like our ceiling was caving in and we found out the next day that they had dragged the ice machine from one end of the hall to the other and then turned it upside down. I did get to ride up in the elevator with Joe Perry, though, and he said hi to me. Ha ha.

21. I witnessed an autopsy for a college Biology field trip credit.

22. I didn't learn how to cook until I was thirty. The first thing I learned to make was a baked potato.

23. I studied to be an opera singer.

24. I can play the glockenspiel.

25. This isn't strange, but I am running out of ideas. I have been to the top of the Empire State Building three times.


Tell me something strange about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.