Sunday, October 9, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #81

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.


TELL ME TUESDAY
What I read last. What I am reading now. What I plan to read next. I tell you how made out with my Cozy Mysteries experiment.

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY
OCTOBER
See which two fall releases I am waiting on this month.

2016 CHALLENGES UPDATE
SEPTEMBER
Did I finally get caught up on my Goodreads Challenge?

SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS
Author Bethany Crandell


Goodreads recommended a book for me based on my "reading preferences"...
Hahahahahahaha!

This is still going on: HERE. There is a $25.00 gift card giveaway and it is INTERNATIONAL! That is my cat Attie, by the way.

The Manchild had his scholarship reinstated! I had him appeal the withdrawal and they overturned their decision.
Moms know best.
▪▪▪
It was my birthday on Thursday and as I did not opt to remain 29 in my 30s, I am using my pass now and will be remaining 59 in my 60s. Ha! It was a crazy week dealing with my creepy scary landlord...
which came to a head on my birthday, so The Manchild brought home my favorite take out and let me order $50.00 worth of merchandise from Book Outlet for my present. I got the deluxe hardcover boxed set of the A Wrinkle In Time quintet! It was 50% off and right on the penny at $49.99. Ha ha. It was supposed to be here yesterday, but didn't show up (UPS is a dirty liar), so pics next week. I was seriously exhausted from all of the anxiety, so I took rainchecks on all of my friends' martini invitations.

The clowns have shown up in my city now. The Syracuse newspaper said the craze was spawned by Rob Zombie's film 31, but I have seen people on Twitter saying it is from the movie, Clown

BOUGHT EBOOKS
Talitha Nelle from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITIQUES has been reviewing these books on her blog and I have been very interested in them. Seeing it was a new author for me I was going to look for the first book of the quartet at the library, but Talitha mentioned the bundle was on special for $3.99, so I grabbed it. Sorry to say it is back up to $9.99, but that is still a wonderful deal for four ebooks!

I have M TRAIN from the publisher, so I was thrilled to see this one as an ebook special. It is still $1.99 as of this posting. I am excited to dig into both of these titles because Patti was an early musical inspiration for me.

ARCS EDELWEISS
I saw this title on Nicole from POPCRUNCHBOOM BOOKS diversity post: HERE. It publishes October 11th and I am excited to read it!

This ebook is 99 CENTS right now and I cannot tell you how much I love and adore this retelling of The Goose Girl! It was my top YA title for 2014. I have already reread it.

The NYC Public Library's famous Rose Main Reading Room reopened to the public after restorations. You can view a video: HERE.

TELL ME TUESDAY

THURSDAY THOUGHTS
Buy Me a Coffee & Other Faux Pas

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Recommended Books I've Read

SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS
Blogger Interview - Annemieke

THE SUNDAY POST
▪▪▪
FRIDAY FAVORITES
I will be Stacee from ADVENTURES OF A BOOK JUNKIE's featured blogger on her new meme Friday Favorites.
Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.