Sunday, October 2, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #80

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.


TELL ME TUESDAY
What I read last. What I am reading now. What I plan to read next.

THURSDAY TAG
The Back To School Tag

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
My Fall ARC TBR

OCTOBER FRIGHTFEST
My scary reads for Halloween!

MY SECOND YEAR
(plus a little)
BLOGVERSARY
$25 Giveaway International

I finally took my patronus test...

If it can be a Black Smoke Siberian Cat I'm okay with it. Not thrilled, but okay.
▪▪▪
The Manchild received a blackbird.

This subject came up a couple of times this week...

The sight of it makes my skin crawl and leaves me feeling anxious just like people who have snake and/or big hairy spider phobias. My worst time was when I was a cold prep chef in a restaurant and I had to make it for our California Pita Pockets. Yikes! I have no aversion to the sight of intact avocados or slices, only the mashed-up state. Whoa... it is giving me the willies just thinking about it. From Googling for a gif, I did find out this is a "thing" and I have to go back and read more about fear of The Dip That Must Not Be Named.
▪▪▪
SIMPLE THINGS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
I had a really crap week between family issues and my creepy scary landlord. When I was checking out at CVS the young cashier told me my hair was beautiful. I don't know how long it has been since someone has complimented my appearance (it's been a while). She brightened my day and made me smile. It reminded me to be to be more aware of people in my surroundings, and how simple positive feedback can change someone's day. Instead of a Random Act Of Kindness, a Random Act Of Positivity. 

BOUGHT EBOOKS
It is still a $1.99 ebook at the time of this posting.
▪▪▪
I am doing great with my ARC non-requesting. None this week!


Stacee from ADVENTURES OF A BOOK JUNKIE started a Tumblr account were we can post our frustrasting, strange, and sometimes funny experiences in book blogging, and read about others. You can find it: HERE.


TELL ME TUESDAY

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGES UPDATES

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Villains

SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS
Author Bethany Crandell

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a stellar week!
Is anyone planning a Halloween costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.