Thursday, September 29, 2016

THURSDAY TAG - Back to School Tag

BACK TO SCHOOL TAG
Library Love from BEYOND THE BOOK REVIEWS and Alexis from MAD FOR BOOKS, LUV are back with their monthly tags, so here we go...
Now, it has been a loooooooong time since I was in school (even university), but I have a pretty good memory. Ha ha.

1. Favorite book set in a high school?
This book was published in 1959 and I read it in the mid 70's, but I think the story would still hold up today. In fact I am surprised it is not required reading in high schools. It was made into a fabulous movie, too. Here is the 1967 trailer.

2. Favorite still loved Middle Grade?
I read Wrinkle when I was nine years old. It was my first real SciFi book and it started a life long love of the genre. I cannot count the number of times I have read it. I am due for a full series re-read soon. 

3. My favorite required reading in high school?
It was a re-read for me because I saw the movie on a television Sunday afternoon film program and loved it  When my cousin told me it was a book I went straight to the library and borrowed it. I was able to keep my school copy because they were getting new ones the following year. I still have it!

4. A novel a teacher recommended?
My fifth grade teacher saw that I was re-reading the Little House books, so she recommended this title. I adored it.

5. A book that gave me a book hangover during school?
My bestfriend's mother was our junior high librarian and when my friend was reading The Hobbit, and I just couldn't get into it, her mother suggested I read Jane Eyre. I devoured it and turned around and read it again immediately!

6. How many books did I read over the summer?

7. A book I read during class?
NONE! I don't ever remember reading things I shouldn't in class except for passed notes. Ha ha.


8. A classic I disliked, but had to read?
Not once, but TWICE; for two different college classes!

9. What character would I like to attend school with?

10. If I could assign one novel to my class, what would it be?
 
If it was a high school class this would be my choice.
As always... I TAG YOU!
Make sure to credit and link BEYOND THE BOOK REVIEWS or MAD FOR BOOKS, LUV  in your post. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.