Sunday, August 6, 2017

the SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #125

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE
STACKING THE SHELVES
This is my weekly wrap-up post and I will be linking with STACKING THE SHELVES, hosted by TYNGA' S REVIEWS.



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
INTRODUCTION POST
I teamed up with Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG to do dog themed reading and posts throughout the month of August. If you decide to do any dog related posts, let us know and we will link them on our blogs

52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS
PINTEREST PIN TRIES
Drop by and see if a raw potato was able to clean the grout and calking in my tub enclosure. Ha!


I finally took a couple photos of my new tiny practice guitar, Jack! I decided on a guy's name because my Dean Firecrackle, Fred, needed a buddy, ha ha. Jane was the name I had picked out for my next acoustic, but it did not look like a Jane to me.

For size comparison sitting in my reading chair. I bought it so it can hangout on my bed, and I can pick it up on a whim to play. I figured I would get more practice in that way. Now I need to figure out if I can practice scales while listening to audio books. Ha ha.


I finally got serious yesterday and practiced for over two hours, in 40 minute chunks because no calluses yet. OUCH! Plus my neck is killing me today. I am relieved I'm nowhere near as rusty as I thought I was. It felt good to play again. I plan on stringing my full size acoustic tonight. I had picked out the following song to dip my toes in the water because it was easy, but thankfully it won't really challenge me. I am going to learn it anyway because it will be fun to know...
HEDWIG'S THEME
He has free tablature with his videos, so I am going to learn his other two Potter covers and throw all three together into a medley.


WINDOW ON THE PAST

FANTASTIC BEASTS THEME


And I am so psyched that I am not totally crap after almost 26 years, without really playing at all, that l am going to repair my solid body electric and give this one a whack, too. The sweep picking and accelerated tapping is beyond me (unless I have more patience to practice them now), but I think I can figure out something slower to drop in there. This guy charges for his tabs on Patreon, but you get the backing tracks with them, which is great. He has several covers I am thinking about buying. If you only listen to one song by this guitarist make it the last one on my list, the Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement. He is impressive!

HARRY POTTER MEETS METAL


I am also thinking about buying these classical covers...
BEETHOVEN'S FIFTH

MOONLIGHT SONATA 1st MOVEMENT


And if I have two years (two hours a day) to practice it, this one, ha ha. He is amazing...
MOONLIGHT SONATA 3rd MOVEMENT
Fast tapping and I don't get along. He puts up a new cover every couple of weeks.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
NADA! NAUGHT! NOTHING!
Because I ordered $57.00 worth of books from Book Outlet was a good girl.

NETGALLEY ARC
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
FANTASY
Publishes August 22nd
This was a recommendation from Jolene.

WON
This book took so long to get here (about eight weeks) that I forgot who I won it from! There was only a return address, no name. It is a Middle Grade, so after I read it, it will be going to my friend's fifth grade classroom.

I won this from Goodreads. It has been called the activists' bible, so I had to enter!

BLOG OF THE WEEK
I WISH I LIVED IN A LIBRARY
Katherine likes to review books about food and I like to read books about food! She also mentions a lot of interesting older, but not quite classic, novels that I have missed along the way. She has been reviewing some older Middle Grades that I missed reading with my son. If you like Mysteries and cozies you are bound to find more than a few of those, too!


There are in actuality two different covers for the ILLUSTRATED FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND TO FIND THEM. I want the Scholastic edition!

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
TBA

THE MONTHLY MOSH
JUNE AND JULY READING WRAP-UP
$10.00 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

Have a magical week!

* I am also still catching up on blog visiting and commenting, so be looking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.