Tuesday, August 29, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #161

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-ONE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪

Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
 Plus, I love her PUPDATES with photos about her foster dogs!
&
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★★
I was really enjoying the book. The author's writing style was ideal for a memoir. It read like Literary Fiction and I loved that, but her entitled upper middle class clulelessness showed through too many times, and I found the last third of the story difficult to connect with.


MEMOIR
The writing is more like a blog post would be, but it is inspirational none the less. This is my current DOG DAYS OF SUMMER read.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
ISSUE RELATED - OCD
Published August 27th - Netgalley

◆◆◆

Much to my delight Baz Manchild is reading again! I had no clue he had started again after he read the first DRESDEN FILES book and part of the next one, he borrowed from a friend a couple of years ago. He came in from work last week with a book in his hand; I asked him what it was and he told me he had bought the second and third Dresden titles to read at work during lunch. He asked me yesterday if he could borrow a book because he didn't know when he would be able to get to Barnes and Noble to buy SUMMER KNIGHT. Much to my horror he borrowed my hardcover boxed set of the DIVERGENT TRILOGY! He is going to be taking them to work. Ahhhhhh! I read him the riot act about damaging them in any way. Ugh. Pardon his less than pleasant expression, I grabbed him for the photo right after he got home from work and he was not amused. 
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.