Thursday, August 17, 2017

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER 2017 - Memorable Movies


As Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I continue with our DOG DAYS OF SUMMER theme for August, I decided to do a movie post because I am older and maybe have watched some movies that have faded from the newer movie lists.


Although I remember seeing the original 101 DALMATIONS first, I think everyone is familiar with that movie. I have especially fond memories of this movie because my father, who always took me to see monster and Sci-fi movies on Saturday afternoons, took me to see this one when Disney movies were my grandmother's territory, ha ha. I was delighted to see Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS mention it in her DOG TAG POST.



I don't know how many times I watched this on Saturday and Sunday afternoon television movie shows in my youth. This is the movie that inspired the tv series Lassie; which I was banned from watching until I was seven because I would get so upset and crying over Lassie's perils that I would throw up. Heh. This movie is also a tissue box watch.




Another tear-jerker based on a true story. I think it was also a book.



This is a newer flick from 2000. It is an upbeat movie, but the end destroyed me. I remember lying on the bed sobbing forever. My ex used to do funny dances when I was upset and even that didn't cure me.





I found a list of all DISNEY DOG MOVIES, with posters in chronological order.


A GIANT LIST of just about every dog movie known to man, with posters, in alphabetical order.

UP was very popular on the tags.

Do you have any dog movie suggestions for us?

Drop by and visit Jo's post: HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.