Sunday, December 4, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #89

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.

TELL ME TUESDAY
Last. Now. Next.
I tell you if I got to yell... BINGO!

THURSDAY TAG
My Harry Potter Life
My patronus is hilarious!

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Book-Minded Gifts
I show you what gift I am buying for myself. Ha ha!

THE MONTHLY MASH
Reading Highlights & Stacking the Shelves
One of my books may involve farting!

I chose my winners for the BLACK FRIDAY BOOK BONANZA BLOG HOP. Lauren from Shooting Stars Magazine picked the hardcover of ILLUMINAE as her prize from the US giveaway. VeronicaDream was my international winner and she chose a $10 gift card to Amazon. Congratulations!

I had some fun yesterday at a local city park!
A carousel ride, hot chocolate, and a horse drawn "sleigh" ride. Oh, there was live music, too!

BOUGHT EBOOKS
I nabbed two more Octavia Butler titles for my e-collection in a $3.98 bundle. Book one, Parable Of the Sower, is still $1.99 at the time of this posting, but the bundle is not at a sale price now.

This has been on my to-read list since high school, ha ha. I never knew it was SciFi, only that several of my friends who read it, loved it. This will be perfect for the VINTAGE SCIFI NOT-A-CHALLENGE in January. A big thank you to Greg from BOOK HAVEN for the heads up on this "challenge". It was a $1.99 daily special and is now once again full price.

This is the third book in the JACKABY TRILOGY. I have them all as ebooks now. I thought it was the last book, but I saw a fourth title listed on Goodreads just now, so I guess my binge read will have to wait. It was $1.99, but alas, it is full price again.

AUDIOBOOK BOOM
I have this for review. It is a Children's book, only about an hour long. I think I will listen to it today after I finish my current read.

NO ARCS!
I have been holding true to my intentions of having only one ARC a month next year, and I am doing pretty well.

Tuesday was Giving Tuesday when many people make holiday contributions to non-profits and charities. Nicole posted a fabulous list of book related organizations and you can read it: HERE. A contribution is a wonderful gift idea for those friends and family who already have everything they want, or maybe there is an Ebenezer Scrooge on your list that could use a little kindness nudge. Heh heh.

Cait from PAPER FURY has an interesting post about how her reading habits have changed in 2016. You can read about those changes: HERE. I had also been thinking about this lately and Cait's post has inspired me to do my own on Thursday. Thanks Cait!

Here are a couple of things I found on THE SNIDGET.

The Cursed Child play is coming to NYC! You can read about its 2018 Broadway debut: HERE.

An Easter Egg that has been hiding out in all of the Harry Potter movies comes to light in Fantastic Beasts. You can find out what it is: HERE.

MONDAY REVIEW
TBA

TELL ME TUESDAY

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY THOUGHTS
2016 Reading Habits

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
New To Me Authors

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a spectacular week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.