Tuesday, June 11, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #252 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO
MY WEEKLY PULL

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



MY GOODREADS REVIEW
★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT HISTORICAL FICTION - 1980s
STANDALONE
AUSTRALIA
CULTURAL/POVERTY/ADICTION/PRISON
Published April 2nd - Netgalley
Do not read this book while eating! You have been warned. Ha ha.



YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
DIVERSE
HOOPLA AUDIOBOOK BORROW
Published May 7th
The author read narrations are the way to go with her books. I listened to THE POET X with author narration and it was superb and this one is even better! Also, it's definitely YA. I don't know why those two bloggers thought it was NA/Adult Lit. I have even gotten past the sex scene, and it is as it should be in Young Adult books... written in a way that the young reader only visualizes what they already know. This way the author is not bypassing the parents' parameters for graphic sex exposure. I am so tired of YA authors who say it's none of the parents' business what teens read. This author certainly gets brownie points from me.

Current buddy read with my son.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
MAGICAL REALISM
ISSUE RELATED/SEXUAL ASSAULT
Publishes May 18th - Netgalley
This is my next ARC.





MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky!
NONFICTION
GRAPHIC NOVEL
STANDALONE
HUMOR
Published January 2019 - Hoopla Borrow
My next sequential art book from Hoopla. Which by the way I'm sobbing because my library dropped their subscription option from five to four borrows a month. *wipes tear* I only recently found out there is no standard borrowing limit. One of my Facebook friends gets six, and another blogger I know gets ten borrows! Here I was waiting for them to maybe raise it, and now... disappointment.


There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. All from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.