Sunday, June 23, 2019

BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS - June 2018 Edition

JUNE 2019 EDITION

This is a monthly sister blog feature for my popular Facebook page BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS. My followers asked for it, and so it was granted! Jump on your broomstick and fly on over to Facebook and join in on all the fun we have; especially during the fall and winter holidays.




Hello my friends! It's finally summer weather here in Magic City and I have settled into warmer temperatures watching a few local broome ball games and attending a solstice feast at a popular witches social club. I should be making plans to be traveling to Knott Commons in Salem, to help out my business partner at Toadstone and Bumbershoot's Magical Mercantile, but the weather has been much too lovely in Upstate New York to think of leaving; even for two or three weeks! I would much rather postpone my visit until September. ~ La La Toadstone: Make Believe Muggle




@NATURALLY.JO
I wish this instagrammer had a blog! She's only seventeen years old. She does have a YouTube channel, but there are only two videos; neither of which are about any of the gorgeous pie crust designs she makes. The link is to this pie, but make sure you click over to her home page and take a leisurely scroll through her food photos.

BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS
If you are interested in even more creative pie crust inspiration, apparate on over to the Easy As Pie Crust album via the link above.



I bought the sunglasses I mentioned in last month's post, but the straw witches hat had gone up in price, so I bought this cute Hedwig cross-body purse, instead! It will be difficult not to use it every day and wear it out before I go to the Wizarding World theme park in a couple of years. It also comes in black. It was a difficult decision on which color to buy.

WHAT'S UP NEXT?
Trying to figure out what the quality differences are between all the prices ranging from $9.00 to $17.00 for this hat. If they are all the same hat of course I want to buy the cheapest one. Has anyone bought this hat?




Abby DeVuyst, a member of a Harry Potter collectors group I belong to on Facebook, found a cactus which looks like Neville's pet Mimbulus Mimbletonia.

source
I decided I needed one for the authentic immersion, wizarding world bedroom redecorating project I am working on right now. I need to talk my sister into a day long garden store and greenhouse hopping tour to find one.

OPUNTIA SUBULATA MONSTROSE
Officially known in magical realms as Mimbulus Mimbletonia Americanus.


Meet Ophelia (Fifi) my North American Poffle Mouse. This is what happens when stray imported European Pygmy Puffs shelter from the cold in the frigid Northeastern US winters with field mice. Ha ha. There is usually no need to buy one because they will hone in on homes full of magical energies. You never know when one will show up. They squeak when startled and move by apparating in tiny infinitesimal jumps. However, if thoroughly frightened they will muster enough magical energy to apparate to the nearest dark place, usually under a bed. That's why many people hear them, but never see them. Most of the time they get mistaken for dust bunnies, and are vacuumed up and thrown out with the trash! If you want to know how I found Fifi go to my IG Pottergram post. I think I have seen another poffle mouse in our storage room. Maybe there will be babies in the future, needing homes. They eat dust mites, so they're wonderful to have around!


If you are curious as to what authentic immersion environment decorating is, I will be doing a blog post about the differences between my Harry Potter fandom bookshelves decorating and my wizarding world immersive bedroom, next month!





Can you believe this wand is made from newpaper?! A very witch-crafty friend I have know since our MyLeaky days, from STIFLED VOICES AND UNPOPULAR OPINIONS, who was known as Grindylow_101 on that Harry Potter social site, made it quite a few years ago; and I have always wanted to try making one. I recently asked her for the instructions and will be doing a free standing post about it. I want to make a few different styles for IG Pottergram photo props.


I am going to paint the back of my bedroom door like this (where my landlord can't see it, ha ha), but with bronze instead of gold for Ravenclaw colors. I saw it in THE POTTER COLLECTORs photo from inside Wiseacres Wizarding Equipment at Universal Hollywood's Wizarding World theme park.


I am also going to try and make a Chocolate Frog box for IG Pottergram photos using a tutorial found on the HERMIONE'S SECRET LIBRARY blog.



.
I think I only need two more and I will have them all!

Another Harry Potter pop-up book. There are three more for me to aquire. I will do a group photo soon. Here's a video of the pages...




I didn't include any of the translated and special editions of Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone I received. Those I will be adding to the book section in the The Snidget Magical News Bulletin for July. I also added to my collection of The Tales of Beedle the Bard editions, but two of them need sticker extraction surgery before photos can be taken, and I haven't had the time.







Have you cooked or crafted anything magical lately; or hauled any wizarding wares? Harry Potter books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.