Tuesday, June 4, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #251 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-ONE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


LAST WEEK'S TMT


HAVE YOU SEE LUIS VELEZ ★★★★★
These are all linked to the book's Goodreads page and not my reviews because I haven't had the time, energy, nor inspiration for writing the reviews they deserve. I will tell you that HAVE YOU SEEN LUIS VELEZ? is sitting in my top spot for 2019 right now, so read it! Pretty please with sugar on top.



ADULT HISTORICAL FICTION - 1980s
STANDALONE
AUSTRALIA
CULTURAL/POVERTY/ADICTION/PRISON
Published April 2nd - Netgalley
I told you I would get this read! It is definitely NOT Young Adult! Some woman even thought it was Middle Grade because the MC is five and then twelve years of age. Good grief. She wanted to know why it was so violent and sexual. *insert one muscle-wrenching eye-roll* When will people figure out the age of the main character has nothing to do with the readership category? The story is partially based on the author's life. In the beginning it feels like gobs of words are being lobbed at you, but it settles in. The only negative aspect I can relate, other than that, is some of the scenes are too long for what they are. I am either ultra into what's going on, or fairly bored, no in-between; but the good outweighs the bad by a good margin.


YOUNG ADULT?
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
DIVERSE
HOOPLA AUDIOBOOK BORROW
Published May 7th
The author read narrations are the way to go with her books. I listened to THE POET X with author narration and it was superb! Everyone seems to be suggesting her narration in their reviews. Again, a question mark after YA because I have read two blog reviews saying it's Adult Fiction, but it's being shelved on Goodreads as YA. I need to hop over the the publisher's page on Edelweiss and see what readership they are promoting it as; not that I will agree with it, ha ha!

Because of school, the annual Kurt Vonnegut buddy read my son and I do was moved from November to June. We will still be reading my favorite, CAT'S CRADLE.


My monthly reading wrap-up will be next week. I think we need a new wifi modem because I don't have a connection half of the time. 


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.