Sunday, January 5, 2020

TURNING THE PAGE ON DECEMBER 2019 REWIND #287 - Blog. Life. Music. Food.

TURNING THE PAGE ON DECEMBER 2019
MONTHLY REWIND
Blog. Reading. Life. Music. Food.



TURNING THE PAGE ON NOVEMBER 2019
MONTHLY REWIND
BLOG. READING. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD.

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
MY WEEKLY PULL
Comics. Manga. Graphic Novels.

BUMBERSHOOT'S YULETIDE MAGIC
SPECIAL HOLIDAY EDITION
WITCHERY COOKERY AND MAGICAL LIFESTYLES

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
MY WEEKLY PULL
Comics. Manga. Graphic Novels.

MONTHLY WITCH AND WIZARD LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE
Fantasy Food - Harry Potter Collecting - Decorating - Fashion - Crafts
Magical Parties and Entertaining

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
WHAT'S BAZ READING?

SUNDAY CHAT
HOLIDAY TRADITIONS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
ALL THE BOOKS & BLOGGY THINGS!

MY WEEKLY SCHEDULE
This is my YEAR OF CLASSICS! I will be reading all classics fifty plus years old, and biographies and memoirs of the authors. I will still be following my usual schedule of monthly themes, except for listening to the audiobooks of War and Peace and Ulysses a little bit every day over the entire year. Other exceptions are: reading my leftover ARCs from 2019 (there are only about four), my Harry Potter re-reads, and the DISCWORLD CHALLENGE I'm participating in.


As some of you know I became ill after Thanksgiving and I fought it for about three weeks and then gave in. The tree only had lights and a star this year, but it was still pretty and Baz said he liked it better that way. Heh heh. I found a use for the oversized cauldron I bought. The tree looked great in it with the small gold boxes I have for decoration set inside. Baz took over Christmas dinner and although he didn't want to tackle lasagna, and the meal was more like regular dinner, we still had nice place settings and fancy juice drinks with sliced fruit and maraschino cherries. He also did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards!

Baz gave me the Kiki's Delivery Service puzzle on Christmas Eve instead of a book and the cookies he bought tasted like Satan's you-know-what, ha ha, but he gets a pass because I was too sick to bake Christmas Eve cookies for him. My stocking was stuffed full of chocolate. I had to take half of it out so it would lie flat enough to take this photo. The Kiki's playing cards were also in my stocking, and you will find out what my stocking gag gift was in my The Little Things section below. When he said he wanted to buy something he saw related to another series I read that wasn't a book, rather than buy the UK edition of the illustrated Tales of Beedle the Bard I asked for, I was thinking this could either be very good, or very bad, ha ha, but it turned out very good! He gave me a Dune board game that is a bit like Risk. It has a round board.


This is the hardcover I gifted Baz on Christmas Eve. It's Nonfiction written in literary prose. I started him off with this one because water habitats and wetlands are his degree special interests. I hope he likes it because the covers on this series of books are gorgeous. This one has a Blue Heron on it, his favorite bird. The rest of his gifts were the boring practical kind he loves, like: sleep pants, storage baskets; and high-end bath, shaving, and hair products he won't splurge on for himself. These were his stocking gag gifts...

A tin of emergency googly eyes and novelty socks.



I have some strange food combinations I eat, but my latest discovery is tuna salad on a plain doughnut. Ha!
I found vegan cheese that has the taste and consistency of sliced American cheese! It's yummy! It was sooooo good on my tomato and lettuce sandwich. I wish it was a little less pricey, though. It's $6.00 for seven ounces, so I have to consider it a splurge food. I can hardly wait to try making grilled cheese with it.

I love the miniature glow-in-the-dark rubber chicken I got in my Christmas stocking.




▪TELL ME TUESDAY▪THE SNIDGET▪SUNDAY CHAT▪
▪BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL LIFESTYLES▪
▪FURS-DAY FEATURE▪STUFFING MY SHELVES▪
THOROUGHLY RANDOM THURSDAYS
 ▪DOWN THE TBR HOLE▪CONVERSATIONS▪
▪RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW▪
▪AS SEEN ON TV▪KONDO MY KINDLE▪CHIT CHAT▪
▪ENORMOUS PURPLE MEGAPHONE▪CONJURING CONVERSATIONS▪
▪THE SIMPLE WITCH▪THE WELL WITCH▪THE GREEN WITCH▪
▪ANTI-SOCIAL MEDIA▪MOST EXCELLENT▪
▪IT'S IN THE BOOKS▪BLOGGY BLAUGH▪

Have a splendid new year, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.