Sunday, December 8, 2019

BUMBERSHOOT'S YULETIDE MAGIC - HARRY POTTER HOLIDAY EDITION 2019 - A Season of Giving

A HARRY POTTER HOLIDAYS 2019
A SEASON OF GIVING

I am going to wait to post THE SNIDGET magical news bulletin until the third Saturday this month so I can bring you this special holiday edition of Bumbershoot's Magical Living, in enough time before Christmas to try some of these things out! Next week will be mostly recipes.



BOXLUNCH is donating one meal to FEEDING AMERICA for every view Peter gets on this video, and Peter himself is going to be donating up to 250 cans of food to his local pantry! Plus, BoxLunch will make a donation of one meal to.one of your local food pantries for every ten dollars you spend between now and December fourteenth.
DON'T FORGET TO HOP OVER AND WATCH TO DONATE A MEAL!


This Yule I ordered NOTHING from Amazon and I tried to order from from companies who give back, like: Better World Books (yes they also sell new books), Brandless, and Out of Print. I also bought gifts from the New York Public Library Shop website, and I bought from local small businesses for some stocking stuffers. The only presents I bought big box were sleep pants for Baz from Target, and even Target has charity events going on all year long. I also browsed on Etsy to support indie artists. I didn't find any Christmas presents there, but... I did bookmark several things for myself and my son's birthday to purchase in the coming year!

I have only been ordering from Better World Books for three years and my purchases have already generated fifty-seven book donations! Plus, they are a non-profit, so you are also supporting literacy programs around the world.




I may not get to these this year, but... I will be working on some in 2020 and will make extras for giveaways next November, so you will have them by Christmas. I might even make some of my little Hogwarts wrapped presents ornaments.

I've been meaning to make a few of these for my regular non-Harry Potter tree because I can make them in glass balls. There is no plastic allowed on our traditional tree! I had been meaning to pick up a well loved and tatty Sorcerer's Stone at a charity shop, to cut up, but I have a used French Philosopher's Stone that I bought in PB before I decided I was going to collect only hardcover Harry Potter editions I can now use. You can find a tutorial on HERMIONE'S SECRET LIBRARY. She also has a tutorial for CHOCOLATE FROG BOXES which would make wonderful tree ornaments!




ARCHIE MCPHEE SLUG ORNAMENT
I bought a slug ornament for my Harry Potter tree. My Potterheads will understand why. Ha ha!



GIFTS
Between the Warner Brothers Wizarding World Gold Membership greed and the current flood of Harry Potter franchise licensing that seems to have no bearing on quality, a lot of holiday shopping made me cringe this year. After reading an online article about "affordable" Harry Potter buys where most of the items were $25 to $100, the $25 gifts being called "stocking stuffers" (who buys $25 stocking stuffers?!), I decided to look around myself for less common HP merchandise that were lower priced and a good quality value.

It's less than $7.50 on most websites. I ordered one from Book Depository because I thought they would make nice tree ornaments, but it looks like it won't be here in time for this Christmas.
FIFTEEN FOLDS
HOGWARTS
CAULDRON
PHOENIX
CHOCOLATE FROG BOX W/ CHOCOLATE FROG
GOLDEN SNITCH
DRAGON
HEDWIG
HOWLER
CAT
FIREBOLT BROOMSTICK
THE SORTING HAT
HIPPOGRIFF
UNICORN
STAG PATRONUS
FLUFFY


HARRY POTTER PANCAKE MOLDS - WILLIAM SONOMA
$20.00



HARRY POTTER LEXICON GO GAME - BARNES & NOBLE
$20.00



THE NOBLE COLLECTION
$19.95
These charms give back!
There are thirty different charms and you can also buy house themed starter bracelets with three pre-attached charms. Each item contributes at least 15% of its purchase price to JKR'S LUMOS children's charity.

I want to purchase the Chocolate Frog charm to use as a necklace pendant!

I might also splurge for this Owl Post charm, or maybe ask for it for Mother's day!






⚫ BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL LIFESTYLES ON FACEBOOK ⚫
BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL LIFESTYLES DECENBER 2019


Is your holiday shopping done?
Do you have your tree up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.