Thursday, November 22, 2018

THANKFUL - Blogging and Bookish Thanks

THANKSGIVING 2018





MY BLOGGING BEST BUDS
These are the bloggers who have my back, solid. We buddy read together, and PM/DM each other. I am thankful for them because they keep me sane and on my blogging feet. They are great friends, too!

ELIZABETH FROM SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

ANNEMIEKE FROM A DANCE WITH BOOKS

JOLENE FROM JO'S BOOK BLOG

GREG FROM BOOK HAVEN

LIIS FROM COVER TO COVER

MICHELE FROM IN LIBRIS VERITAS



MY BLOGGING MENTORS
These are the two bloggers who had popular established blogs when I first started blogging who answered my questions, no matter how dumb, and never made me feel stupid, annoying, or insignificant. I am thankful for them because they were rare gems in a sea full of arrogant judgmental bloggers, and I might have quit blogging in the beginning if not for them.

OCTAVIA FROM READ.SLEEP.REPEAT.

STACEE FROM ADVENTURES OF A BOOK JUNKIE



MY AUTHORS
These are the authors who are my Facebook friends, whom I can PM/DM with questions without hesitation. The writers who make sure I get review books, personalized copies for my hardwork, and prizes and swag for my giveaways. I am thankful for them for making me feel appreciated as a book blogger.

A.G. HOWARD
THE SPLINTERED SERIES
HAUNTED HEARTS LEGACY


A. LYNDEN ROLLAND
BREAKABLE THINGS SERIES


JOE KIPLING
THE UNION TRILOGY


INTISAR KHANANI
 THORN
THE SUNBOLT CHRONICLES


BOOKISH SITES
BETTER WORLD BOOKS
As much as I complain about BWB not being as vigilant about assessing previous library books as they should be, all in all I have gotten some great used book deals, and I found a vintage childhood favorite for $3.98 that was going for $27.00 at the cheapest on Ebay and Amazon, and I can get UK editions of books with free shipping. They are also a nonprofit that gives back to literacy programs around the world.


HOOPLA
This is a streaming service some libraries pay for that provides ebooks, audiobooks, movies, television shows, tutorial videos, and music. It's owned by Netflix. I am thankful my library subscribes because their own online offerings through Overdrive are pitiful, and with Hoopla there is no waiting list because it's streaming.


THE FUSSY LIBRARIAN
This is the only discount ebook newsletter I subscribe to that is still mostly free ebooks.



TOR
Fantasy and Science Fiction: news, information, free short stories, newsletter, and free book-of-the-month club; what more could you ask for?





I am thankful for the book blogging community as a whole. You are a tremendous group of people!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING
What bookish people and places are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.