Friday, August 26, 2016

TOP FIVE FRIDAY #33

BEFORE  BLOGGING
TFF is based on TOP TEN TUESDAY by The Broke and the Bookish. I always frown in a defeated manner when trying to come up with ten answers for TTT, so...
▪▪▪
Because I read every book I bought or borrowed from the library before I started blogging, ha ha, I am going to feature SERIES I NEED TO FINISH THAT I STARTED BEFORE BLOGGING.

1.
This is the sequel to STARTERS which I read in 2012 when my sister was still my personal book shopper at the library. I think I haven't gotten around to it because I only rated Starters three stars, but I still want to know what happens.

2.
I read the first two books, THE LINE and AWAY, back in 2011. They were also books picked by Aurie. I liked both of those books a lot and was anxiously awaiting the third and last installment, but the library never purchased it. It is also funny that the library has purchased every book I have ever requested, except for this one. I even had my sister request it. I would buy the ebook, but it has never gone down in price, so it is kind of a catch 22 for me. Oh well.

3.
I ordered the first book in hardcover for Sebastian from the Scholastic Book Fair flyer back in 2003. I swear this is a Middle Grade, but GR is saying YA. I will have to look it up on Edelweiss. Anyway, if you look closely you can see that the front covers open in the middle! We both loved the book and I intended to buy the others in hardcover to match, but it slipped my mind. This has joggled my memory, so I should be buying them soon. I hope they still have the split cover editions.

4.
The first book in this duology, MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH, was another choice of my sister's from 2012. I have no excuse for not reading the sequel because I now own both in hardcover. I have been a little hesitant, though, because DOtRD hasn't been nearly as highly rated as MItRD, and I am afraid of being deeply disappointed.

5.
GOODREADS
There was such a large gap between book two and three publishing in this series that I felt I needed to read the first two again to have optimal enjoyment of the finale. I even bought the first book as an ebook to get my re-read started, but have not found the time. This will be top priority next year when I have freed up more personal reading time with my one ARC a month rule. This series was another Aurie grab for me in 2011. She knows me well. Ha ha.
Are there any series you started pre-blogging that you want to finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.