Sunday, August 28, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #75

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.


TELL ME TUESDAY
Will I be reading more Pratchett?

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE FOR WRITERS
What does the MC from Hidden Magic look like? I tell you!

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
I show and tell the series I started before blogging that I still need to finish.

SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS
I discussed the Raven Cycle quartet with Annemieke, from A Dance With Books, after our buddy read. WARNING: our chat is extremely spoilery! If you have read the series please stop by and tell us your thoughts!

Blogger, ugh, need I say more? I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but...
▫▫▫
I am wavering between nine and ten followers needed for 1,000 on Twitter. When I reach it there will be a US giveaway, and I have a dually signed hardcover of The Iron Trial to throw on the pick from pile. If I get 100 RTs I will also put my hardcover of Illuminae up for grabs. If I get 200 RTs I will choose two winners!


I forgot to tell you guys that a couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to extricate a book from the horizontal stacks of trade/giveaway/donate books on the top of a bookcase, a stack toppled over and a heavy book conked me in the face giving me a very bloody nose for about half an hour and a black eye! Ha ha. Book blogging can be dangerous!

August 21st was my sixth anniversary of quitting smoking!

BOUGHT EBOOKS
It was free, but now it is $2.99. I saw that Laura Thomas gave it five stars, so I got a great deal!

This is Adult Fiction which I have needed more of on my tbr. I saw a glowing review for the story on one of the SBPT event blogs I visited. It reminded me of an Adult Paranormal Fantasy author I love, Robert Levy, and when I went to add it to my GR tbr I saw he had also added it to his To Read, so I was happy to get it for 99 cents. I did see a couple of other bloggers I know only rate it three stars, but for less than $1.00 there is not much to lose if I don't care for it. It is still on sale as I post.

This is a memoir by a woman I think I can relate to. Read the summary. It is intriguing. I have been wanting to read more Nonfiction. It was still less than a dollar at the time of this posting.

Here is another Nonfiction I picked up. It is about a tribe of headhunters a Coney Island attractions proprietor brought to the US and put on display. I had never heard of this before. It remains on sale for $1.99 at the time of this posting.

YOU CAN HELP LOUISIANA FLOODED SCHOOL LIBRARIES:
HERE.

My "Ask Amber" question was featured on THE MILE LONG BOOKSHELF.

Amber is also one of my top favorite booktubers.




MONDAY REVIEW?

TELL ME TUESDAY

THURSDAY TUNES
MUSIC STUFF

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Back To School
FREEBIE

SATURDAY
TBA

THE SUNDAY POST


I am asking for a favor. If you don't have your blog link on your Disqus profile would you pretty please consider doing this? It makes things a lot easier for me to visit and comment on your blog. If you are not a regular commenter I might not be able to connect an IRL name with your blog. If you don't want to link your Disqus, leaving a link to your blog in your comment would be fabulous as well. I hate not being able to honor my Bloggers Commenting Back oath. Thank you.
Have a grand week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.