Sunday, August 7, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #72

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.

I tell you about my experience of trying to read a hardcover after reading exclusively on my Kindle for a few months.

AUGUST



Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I did a buddy read of TCC and I asked her ten questions about her thoughts and feelings on the play, and she asked me ten questions. WARNING: It contains gigantic spoilers!

WON
I won this on Twitter from the author.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
I tell you why I bought this, even though I own the beautiful hardcover, in my TMT. The regular price is only $5.99.

I bought this one for the same reason. Ha Ha! The regular price on this one is $5.99 also. I have been buddy reading the RAVEN CYCLE books with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS

BOUGHT AUDIOBOOK
After I finished this last week EVERYONE was raving about the audiobook, so I looked to see how much the added narration was and it was only $2.99! I guess I will be doing a re"read" soon.

KINDLE FREEBIE
The Goodreads summary sounded wonderful. It is still free as of this posting.

EDELWEISS ARC
Another book I got turned down for on Netgalley, but approved for on Edelweiss. This is the second book in an Action Thriller CONTEMPORARY! Three things that are NEVER on my list. BUT... because I am known for my non genre biased reviews several of her author friends told me to request the first book TABULA RASA. I was surprised I loved it on my own terms, too. Imagine the best action movie you have ever seen in book form and Tabula Rasa would be it. 

GETTY IMAGES has been taking Public Domain images, watermarking them, and licensing them. Their mistake? They did it to a photographer who is still alive.  Read about it: HERE.
▪▪▪
One of my young Potterhead friends from MyLeaky is an Enviromental Scientist now and looking for a job in her field. She wanted to do something constructive with her time while she job hunts, so I suggested that she do a series of blog posts on her blog JUDI ON THE REEF about what we can do from our homes to help the ocean environments. You can read the first post in her series: HERE.
▪▪▪
Cyra from RATTLE THE PAGES got to go to her first Barnes and Noble Harry Potter Midnight Release Party and she tells us all about it: HERE. I was so excited for her!


MONDAY RAVE REVIEW
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
With spoilers, sorry.
▪▪▪
TELL ME TUESDAY
▪▪▪
ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
READ-A-LONG WRAP-UP
I am sorry I didn't get to it last week!
▪▪▪
JULY CHALLENGES UPDATE
▪▪▪
TOP FIVE FRIDAY
Past topic. Hmm...
▪▪▪
SATURDAY EVENING CONVERSATIONS
Author Interview TBA
▪▪▪
THE SUNDAY POST
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.