Sunday, August 21, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #74

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.

I am letting you choose my next read, so you had better hurry on over and vote because I am almost finished with The Raven King!

A lot of readers are going to want to feed me to the zombies over my first sacrificed book! Ha ha.

I asked Talitha Nelle, from Victorian Soul Critiques, my SEC 20 Questions. You should check out her fab answers.


The summer stats slide started a little late for me this year. A couple of bloggers were noticing it about three weeks ago, but I was actually having a surge at that time and was hoping the seasonal dip would pass me by this year, but no such luck. The surge gave me some extra padding, but I have still dropped below 5,000 monthly views. *big frowny face*
▪▪▪
My last week's THE SUNDAY POST, with my tribute to Jani Lane, is already over half way to my Most Viewed Post for the entire year from my 2015 End Of Year Blog Survey; with over 600 views, after only one week. I think the extra views were my music friends. A couple of them messaged me and corrected my syntax in a few places (which I did correct). Ha ha. Musicians are a very critical bunch. Hence the joke: How many musicians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Five; one to screw it in and four to say, " That was nice, but I could have done it better."
▪▪▪
However, I think the video I shared in that tribute, with me swearing, made me take a hit on my Bloglovin' follows because I lost ELEVEN in the three days after that post. I have never lost a group of follows like that before. It has always been a single follow here and there randomly. Oh well, that is who I was before motherhood tamed the wildchild in me, and I am not ashamed of it in any way.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
Besides the fact that "palimpest" is my favorite vocabulary word, this book is by the author of the wonderful FAIRYLAND Middle Grade books. I have also read a chapter sampler of RADIANCE, one of her other Adult Fiction stories, and her writing is stunningly beautiful. I couldn't pass it up for $1.99! It is still on sale at the time of this posting.

Cait from PAPER FURY is always squealing about this trilogy, so when I saw the first book was on sale I snapped it up. It was still $1.99 at the time of this posting.

I love any book that is about the history of the family unit, so this was a no-brainer on sale buy for me. It is still only 99 cents at this posting.

EDELWEISS eARC
"Moving from World War II through NASA’s golden age, touching on the civil rights era, the Space Race, the Cold War, and the women’s rights movement, Hidden Figures interweaves a rich history of scientific achievement and technological innovation with the intimate stories of five women whose work forever changed the world—and whose lives show how out of one of America’s most painful histories came one of its proudest moments." - Goodreads

The Manchild was a fibber when he told me he had successfully changed his major when he went over to the college a couple of months ago. What really happened?  They gave him the email address of the person he needed to make an office appointment with, but Manchild waited so long the person was on vacation when he called to make the appointment. He could not get in until last Thursday! I was blissfully unaware of this until he came home from finally meeting with the advisor. He is, however, now officially a Molecular Biology major. He has two less math classes, no more Physics, and can take the Geology and Entomology classes he has been coveting since his friend in Enviromental Biology was taking them. It changed his degree from a BS to a BA, though, and that was a tad upsetting for me, but he is happier now, so I guess that makes me happy, too.
◼◼◼
Thinking about Jani, after putting together the little tibute last week, has inspired me to make a few positive plans. Trying to get my son to consider putting together a Warrant tribute band for charity went over like a lead balloon, though. Ha ha. But planning for a children's music charity is on the table with a couple of friends, and putting together a nonprofit acoustic group playing some of Jani's music, plus others, including songs from my friend who died from brain cancer last year, is in my plans. I swore I would start playing again after his passing, but put it off, I can't do that any longer. The gig money would be given to different charities. I am hoping to get my son on board for that one, though, because it won't involve big hair, eyeliner, and spandex pants. Heh heh.

It went to watch a vlog post, Growing Up Religious, because I am thinking about doing a post on my personal blog about my mother going to an Evangelical church from when I was 7, until I was 14, and how that religious extremism had negative impact on me. It was a British vlog, and one of the three bloggers had grown up in a Christafian (spelling? I have never heard of it before) household.  Anyway, I was super impressed by this girl, Anna, and when they said at the end of the video that she had a booktube channel, I visited. I was delighted with what I found. I had never seen this style of off camera narration before and I am quite smitten with it. Have a look-see. 



If you would like to watch the vlog video about religion, you can view that one: HERE.


TELL ME TUESDAY

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE FOR WRITERS
WEDNESDAY
The Appearance Edition

TOP FIVE FRIDAY
TBR Books Pre-Blogging

SATURDAY
TBA

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a stellar week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.