Monday, September 12, 2022

TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY and MAGICAL LIVING - September Summerfall Edition. #Witch #MagicalLiving #Summerfall #HarryPotter #Potterheads

  

SUMMERFALL 2022 EDITION
MAGIC AROUND THE CORNER
SEPTEMBER IS A SYMPHONY
WITCHES' TEA PARTY

Greetings, my witchy wonderful magical mavens! This is a monthly sister blog feature for my popular Facebook page TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY and MAGICAL LIVING. My followers asked for it, and so it was granted! Jump on your broomstick and fly on over to Facebook and join in on all the fun we have; especially during the fall and winter holidays!






I am always encouraging everyone to seek out the magical places which are just around the corner from where you live! Don't wait to embrace and celebrate the inner witch and wizard in your life, only during Wizarding World trips and fantasy conventions.

This is a new mural in my city. It reminds me a bit of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes! Ha ha. I guess it's the Extendable Ears.





September is late summer until the Autumnal Equinox on September 22nd. It's smack dab in the middle of apple picking season. It's apple cider time. It's cinnamon apple pie spice time. Pears are abundant. It's usually cool enough in the evenings to bake apple crisp. It's time for bouquets of sunflowers on the dining room table. It's the season of the kitchen witch, but it's NOT spooky season; which I've seen some people saying on Instagram. And it's NOT pumpkin season.
Don't get me wrong... I live for Halloween, spooky season, pumpkins and pumpkin baked goods, but a big part of my enjoyment is the specialness of it. I started seeing pumpkins and the dreaded "pumpkin spice" on social media mid-August last year and this year. Even when it starts in September, by the time October rolls around, I'm all but over it. The pumpkin and pumpkin spice fanatics ruin the specialness of October for me.
These people are usually the ones who start saying it's "hot chocolate time" and start playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. What happened to November and autumn leaves, pumpkins, mulled cider, and Thanksgiving? They can still get two months of their pumpkin spice fix... in October and November. No one is saying they can't enjoy their pumpkin spice early, they just need to keep it to themselves until October, instead of hosing down social media with it starting on September first. Corporations whip them up into a frenzy because it's tons of free advertising.
When I suggested on the Starbucks Instagram account that September was still late summer, they were rude to me. That my friends is insane.
Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.


CRUNCHY MAPLE TOFFEE APPLES
GAMES
Danny from Wizardry Workshop has come up with a DIY wizarding game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.