Wednesday, September 28, 2022

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH #2 - The Oracle of Maracoor - Tiny Witch Things - Practical Magic - Witchery Words #TheOracleOfMaracoor #GregoryMaguire #TinyWitchThings #WitchyWonderful #PracticalMagic #WitchingWords

TWO
BOOK
The Oracle of Maracoor
By Gregory Maguire
TINY WITCH THINGS
PRACTICAL MAGIC
WITCHERY WORDS
Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.
ADULT FICTION
ANOTHER DAY SERIES BOOK TWO
FANTASY
WITCHES
Publishes October 11th 2022 - NetGalley ARC
Yes! I finally received an eARC last week. It is book two in a spin-off of the Wicked Years series. I loved The Wicked Years series. The series books get a lot of bad reviews on Goodreads because many people are expecting the Wicked Broadway musical feel when the books are very dark and steeped in political, socio-economic, and ethical themes. Son of a Witch was the most hated because of how dark and gritty it was and for those reasons was, of course, my favorite one! I won't tell you who this character is on the cover if you haven't read The Wicked Years books, but the Goodreads summary tells you if you are curious.

NAKED COVER
All of Maguire's Oz books have fabulous naked covers. My The Wicked Years series is on the shelf sans dust covers.

ANOTHER DAY SERIES BOOK ONE





CROW COOKIE CUTTER
This is my crow cookie cutter. When I randomly make sugar cookies I use it and frost them with black royal icing. Round sugar cookies are mundane, ha ha!





In a Facebook group someone posted a poll about favorite Halloween movies. She added three: Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, and Practical Magic. Hocus Pocus had 77% of the vote, Hallowentown 22%, and Practical Magic 1%. Do people really not watch Practical Magic? I want to do a poll on my Facebook page, but I want four choices... are there any suggestions for a similar fourth movie choice?













STAY MAGICAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.