Tuesday, March 3, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #288 - Last. Now. Next. - February Reading Up-Date - My Weekly Pull - What's Baz Reading?

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-EIGHT
MY WEEKLY PULL
WHAT'S BAZ READING

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★
MIDDLE GRADE
HISTORICAL FICTION
NEWBERY MEDAL WINNER
Published 1999 - Own Kindle Library
This title was for both my Newbery reading challenge and my Black History Month February blog reading theme. I was shocked by some of the stereotypes used in this book, both because it was a Newbery Medal winner and by a POC author.



ADULT FICTION
THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY - ONE
FANTASY
Published 1954 - Own PB and Kindle
This is for my Year of Classics personal reading challenge. I am also buddy reading it with my son.

YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
DIVERSE FANTASY
Publishes March 24rd 2020 - Edelweiss
I know I said any ARCs I read this year would be leftovers from 2019, but Intisar is one of my favorite authors, so exceptions were made!



CLASSIC
HISTORICAL FICTION
Published 1868 - Own Paperback and Kindle Ebook.
March is Women's History Month and will also be the reading theme for my blog. I'll be starting out with this title. I'm a little afraid to re-read this book because it was a favorite from my preteens and yearly teens, and other re-readers, in majority, seem not to have liked it as much as they did when they were younger.

NONFICTION
Published 2012 - Hoopla Borrow
i wanted to read this last year for Women's History Month, but didn't have time. It will be my Nonfiction book for this month.



BOOKS READ IN FEBRUARY
EIGHT
I knew reading eleven books in January was going to be a fluke! I'm back to my normal eight books a month.
ADULT FICTION - 4 total 8
YOUNG ADULT - 1 total 3
MIDDLE GRADE - 1 total 5
NONFICTION - 2 total 3/12
FANTASY - 2 total 9
SCIENCE FICTION - 1 total 1
HISTORICAL FICTION - 3 total 3
DIVERSE REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY - 0 total 2
SELF-HELP - 1 total 2 
MUSIC - 0 total 1
INSTUCTIONAL - 1 total 1
NEWBERY AWARD 1 total 2/12
ANTHOLOGY - 0 total 1
MANGA/GRAPHIC NOVEL/COMIC - 1 total 1
PHYSICAL COPY - 0/0
EBOOK - 5 total 16
AUDIOBOOK - 3 total 3
ARCS - 0 total 4
OWNED - 3 total 10
HOOPLA - 5 total 5
RE-READS - 1 total 2/12
FEMALE AUTHOR - 2 total 11
MALE AUTHOR - 6 total 8
NON-BINARY AUTHOR - 0/0




MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.I

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
SCIENCE FICTION
GRAPHIC NOVEL
BLACK HISTORY
Published 2017 - Hoopla Borrow
This is based on the novel KINDRED by Octavia E. Butler, published in 1979. The graphic novel is a good adaptation, but I still recommend reading the original story first. This was part of my Black History Month reading.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
ISSUE RELATED CONTEMPORARY
BREAST CANCER - RELATIONSHIPS
Published 2018 - Hoopla Borrow
I was supposed to read this last year for Women's History Month, but I had too many ARCs to finish. I am excited to get to it this time!


GOODREADS
I bought some of the classics I am reading this year as used paperbacks from Better World Books, so I can annotate them, and keep them to remember my Year of Classics. My son saw the LotR paperbacks I bought and nabbed the first one. He wanted a break from the Dresden Files books he's been reading. I also have the ebooks, so we decided to buddy read them!



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.