Tuesday, January 30, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #182

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-TWO
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT


⭐⭐⭐
fourth time read
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES BOOK TWO
SCIENCE FICTION
Publishes February 13th - Edelweiss
This is MG, but the MCs are teenagers who pilot large spaceships, unsupervised, kiss and think about "doing more". Yeah, that's what I say. Plus, even though the author is supposed to be a Creative Writing teacher, everything is "said" and "saw", nary a whisper, rasp, snort, whine, nor stare, gawk, glance, sighting, or peek. It is a series book two, but it's more like a companion book, so I haven't had a problem with that. If this wasn't a review book it would be a DNF.


Finally! I am going to get some Octavia Butler under my belt. I think I have all of her books, including short story antholgies, as ebooks, now. Originally I was going to read all POC authors for Black History Month, but I have a white female authored review ARC (I also have a white male authored ARC, but it can wait until March, ha ha), and I saw a tweet about an Instagram challenge to read all female authors in February... so, it will be mostly female POC authors. I have a few Alice Walker ebooks and some biographies about Black women, so I have a lot to choose from.


Not bad; three books in the first month. I also guess it is settled that I am reading A CUCKOO'S CALLING for the book with a detective protagonist. I need JKR to soften the blow because I do not like gumshoe mysteries.
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.