Thursday, February 1, 2018

2018 READING CHALLENGES

2018 READING CHALLENGES INTRODUCTION
BEAT THE BACKLIST - BETTER WORLD BOOKS


BEAT THE BACKLIST was the perfect 2018 challenge for me because I have seriously scaled back on review ARCs this year, so I can get more personal enjoyment reading done and also start clearing out some of the old ARCs that have been gathering dust on the pile. I originally saw this on A DANCE WITH BOOKS last year, but was swammped with ARCs and had my fingers crossed that NOVELKNIGHT would be offering the challenge again this year.
The only rule is the book has to have been published before 2018. I am adding a rule for myself that they have to be titles I already own, or books I want to own in hardcover I am borrowing from the library for now.


There are six categories I want to work on:
OLDER HIGHLY ANTICIPATEDS AND SEQUELS
BACKLIST REVIEW BOOKS AND ARCS
CLASSICS
NEWBERY AWARD WINNERS
OLDER RECOMMENDATIONS FROM BLOGGING BUDDIES
KINDLE FREEBIES AND 99¢ PURCHASES

SOME TOP OF THE LIST TITLES
*PRACTICAL MAGIC
THE GRAVEYARD BOOK
*SOME OF US JUST LIVE HERE
*FEED
*SLEEPING GIANTS
*RUIN AND RISING
*THE BOY WHO PAINTED THE WORLD
THE BOOK THIEF
THE NIGHT CIRCUS
*A GAME OF THRONES
*THE DARKEST MINDS
*REBECCA
*1Q84
*PETER PAN
*UPROOTED
*NIMONA
*THE BIRD BOX
*THE GOOD BRAIDER
*WALK TWO MOONS
THE AMULET OF SAMARKAND
*JUST KIDS
*TITUS GROAN
*THE GOOD EARTH

*denotes books I own
(all the links will be added eventually, but I made sure some of the less familiar titles had links right away)





THE
BETTER WORLD BOOKS
CHALLENGE

IDEAS / ALREADY READ IN JANUARY
*A book recommended by a friend.
TIMEKEEPER
A childhood favorite.
THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS
A book nominated for a literary prize.
WALK TWO MOONS
A book recommended by a librarian.
SOUR HEART
A book with a detective protagonist.
A CUCKOO'S CALLING
*A book stuck on your reading list.
THE RAREST BIRD
A sequel.
RUIN AND RISING
A book you never finished.
THE GOLDFINCH
*A book involving magic.
HALF BAD
A Graphic Novel.
ALONE
A self-help book
SLIP STREAM TIME HACKING
A book about food
THUG KITCHEN

Please check out BETTER WORLD BOOKS. They ship for free internationally and give back to literacy programs all over the world. They have new, and used books available for sale with many hard to finds. If you have visited them before and got a little confused trying to navigate the site, make sure to drop back around because they have updated and streamlined their website!
If you have any suggestions for books set in Africa, or books based on feature films, let me know in the comments. Are you doing any reading challenges this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.