Sunday, March 11, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #157 - To Shelve, or Not to Shelve!

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-SEVEN


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

WAITING 4 WEDNESDAY
MARCH 2018 EDITION

COVER CONVERSATIONS
ARC EDITION

BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST
MARCH 2018 EDITION

I started working on updating my personal blog REDHEADED STEPCHILD for my exclusively music content posts, and current events type posts. It's been fun because Blogger has some fab new themes and widgets! The only problem... there are different names for some of the theme elements and I have been struggling to find the fonts I want to change. Ha! I also cannot use the same html for centering heading and text, so I have to go on a Googling spree finding the updated code.




We received more heavy snow and frankly... I AM READY FOR SPRING! When we go shopping next Wednesday I am going to buy my container garden seeds.
Baz made me promise no t-shirts for his birthday, and it was ultra difficult not to take advantage of the Out Of Print March two for one sale like I have for the past three years. There are still two shirts I want to give him: Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Harold and the Purple Crayon. Anyway, I asked what he wanted and he said a black bookshelf like the two I bought myself. So, yay, bookshelves!


331EROCK, my tabs/lessons guy, didn't upload a Meets Metal cover this week because he was working on music for a Subway commercial...
That's Eric metalizing the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, ha ha! He is reading though...





MY NEW BOOKSHELVES!
They are still a work in progress, but...
The bottom shelf on the left I have to have for my guitar accoutrements because my reading chair is now in the living room/studio and is also my practice chair. The next shelf up is my "personal" shelf with books I am intending to read next, letter writing supplies, and some of my best loved vintage books. That will be neatened up. There is still a half shelf of space, but that won't last long because I am still unpacking boxes of books from the storage room. Heh heh. My old large bookcase is now in the hallway and some of these books will be moving out there to make space for more hardcovers. That one is already half full of trade, donate, giveaway books! I cannot find one of the second trilogy Dune hardcovers and one of the Thomas Covenant series books, and it is beginning to bug me. When I get everything semi-settled in I'll do a shelf tour post. The china cabinet and curio cabinet are now free of books! For now. 


 I get very winter weary at this point every year and I start using sunblock that smells like old-timey suntan lotion as body lotion because it gives me a little lift. It reminds me of summer activities and childhood vacations at the seashore.



I was saving this for my October Halloween Demon Read-A-Thon, but my fudging the March #VintageHorror2018 challenge (on Instagram and Twitter) with a Classic Horror title flopped, and I've been itching to re-read this one since I bought it on ebook special for $1.99 last year. 
This is my current review ARC.




BOUGHT EBOOKS
I did not know about this story! I was trying to re-annimate my Saturday Goodreads hangout, which I partially succeeded at doing, and one of my friends had just finished reading it. The ebook is only 99¢ and it's annotated! It also has a detailed biographical summary of Mary Shelly's life, and an interactive table of contents. 




Have you ever wondered about the difference between Literary Fiction and Genre Fiction? Well HERE you go! Thanks #BOOKSFORBING




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
BOOKS THAT SURPRISED ME

2017 END OF YEAR SURVEY
I don't have any monthly features to draft this week, so I should be able to get this finished and posted.

COVER CONVERSATIONS
 GRAPHIC NOVELS AND MANGA EDITION

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

Have a  delightful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.