Friday, March 23, 2018

COVER CONVERSATIONS #18 - Children's Picture Book - Mac Barnett

NUMBER EIGHTEEN
I needed a quick regular third post a week, so I copied off Greg's paper, ha ha, and am posting interesting covers on Fridays. Drop by and give his cover a peek over on BOOK HAVEN.

The first Friday of every month will be a book from my own shelves. Week two will be an ARC I have seen on Netgalley or Edelweiss. Week three will be a Manga or Graphic Novel; and week four will be a children's picture book. If there is a fifth Friday I will feature Nonfiction title.

VIEW LAST WEEK'S COVER



As you can see I changed my theme for week four to picture books!


I love nighttime cityscapes and that love extends to picture books, too! This book randomly popped up in the image queue when I was Googling another book and I was thrilled to see it was from Mac Barnett. Anne from INKED BROWNIES turned me on to this author when she posted a YouTube video, of a TED Talk he gave, on her blog; which I will link below. But first, here is the book trailer...

Here is his TED Talk: Why a good book is a secret door...
I think this is my favorite TED talk of all time.

 Do you watch TED Talks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.