Sunday, November 5, 2017

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #138

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-EIGHT


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

WAITING 4 WEDNESDAY
NOVEMBER EDITION

COVER CONVERSATIONS

Greg from BOOK HAVEN has tweeted after his surgery! Flit over to Twitter and leave him well wishes: HERE. It looks like he managed a Sunday Post, too, so drop by and say hello.
Has anyone purchased a custom domain through Blogger? I was wondering how much the url change affects blog traffic.

Last year I said I was not helping any organization or person with Halloween make-up, or costumes. I always get rundown and then usually pick up some kind of flu (that could also come from people breathing on me when I am up close applying make-up, ha). I managed to say no to everyone for the First Friday Zombie Walk at the beginning of the month, but caved over the weekend when all of the balls were going on. At least I made some extra cash.

Very little practicing got done, the Halloween festivities around here seem endless, but some is better than none. I found this guy on Twitter, who is also trying to get back up to speed with his guitar playing, and he decided to set up a YouTube channel to live stream a two hour practice once a day. I found watching him for about 15-20 minutes a day very motivating, but he only made it to four days! Ha! I guess I am doing better than he is.
Here is your weekly dose of my tabs/lessons guy, 331EROCK, the happiest metalhead on the planet...
I thought I was going to have time to start bingeing STRANGER THINGS, but it didn't happen. Maybe on Tuesday...


CURRENTLY READING
I am reading Hocus Pocus for my November Vonnegut Read-A-Thon. I will be doing a post about the read-a-thon on Kurt's birthday which is the 11th. The Lost Frost Girl is my current review ARC. It publishes on Tuesday.

WHAT I'M LOVING
I downloaded a POCKET POND app to my Kindle Fire and I love it! You can breed Koi, sell and trade them, add ponds and decorate, but I just keep my eight fish in the basic pond to watch swimming around. If you put your finger in the water and swish it you get realistic water movement sounds. It's very calming and centering. I only have to clean the filter and feed them once a day to keep things going.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
I have been wanting to read this. A couple of my non-bookish friends and a family member have read it, and that's a good sign to me because the last time that happened was for THE MARTIAN and I loved that book! It was on special for $1.99, but sadly it is back up to regular price. Does anyone know when the movie comes out?

This was on sale for $1.99 so I snapped it up for my Halloween reading theme of demons next year. I have already started my Goodreads shelf. I have read this book once and it scared the bejeezus out of me when I was younger. It will be interesting to see how it will affect me now. It was still only $1.99 at the time of this posting.

FROM THE PUBLISHER
I am friendly with this author on Twitter (you can find him @XplodingUnicorn), so I requested a review copy. I was hoping it would arrive for my Halloween ZombieThon reading, but it arrived on Halloween day. It was weird getting a review book from someone connected with my music account. Ha ha.

NO NEW ARCS!

A LORD OF THE RINGS TELEVISION SHOW is in the works. I'm on the fence about this one.

I can only promise my regular features...
TELL ME TUESDAY
COVER CONVERSATIONS
THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
Some stranger things might pop up, you never know. Ha ha!
Have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.