Tuesday, July 31, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #208 - Last. Now. Next. & Dog Days Reading

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHT

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



It was a weirdly busy, yet not busy week. I had one of my two Munchkin charges for two days and I had one hellishly hot day before my fan arrived where I slept for 12 hours! I know, how ridiculous is that? I also had a ton of long phone calls to make... and I am reading the slump inducing book also known as Willa of the Woods with sticky blood everywhere and forever. Thank goodness for the third Darkest Minds book because if I was only reading Willa I would assuredly be in a slump.



I'm finishing up THE DARKEST MINDS original trilogy. I am participating in a read-a-long on Cyra's blog, RATTLE THE PAGES. They are going to continue on with the fourth newly publishing book, but I'm going to wait a while.


MIDDLE GRADE
FANTASY
WILLA SERIES #1
Published July 10th - Netgalley
 In case you think Willa is of color, she's not. She takes on the color and texture of her surroundings. According to the magical rules in the story she should be green on this cover. It's a cheap cheesy way to make readers think the book is diverse. The author is a white guy, by the way. He also has included a bunch of made up Cherokee lore. The story doesn't even need a Native American element. Note to author - you're a white guy step away. This book is also seriously violent. Blood, sticky blood for miles. I wish it wasn't a review book because DNFing it would be heaven. 



I could borrow four more items for July from HOOPLA, so I went on a scavenger hunt through the audiobooks to find dog titles to listen to for DOG DAYS OF SUMMER. There were quite a few more, but these were the ones that sounded the best to me right now. Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG highly recommends Finding Gobi. She is donating $1.00 up to $100.00 to her local dog rescue for every dog book we read during August, so let's get to it!


ONE SCIFI - ONE FANTASY
Drop by and check them out.🐾
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.