Friday, July 13, 2018

MID-YEAR BOOK FREAKOUT TAG 2018

2018 TAG

Every July this tag pops up all over the place like the dandelions in our summer lawns. Ha Ha. I tagged Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG last year, and this year she tagged me!


BOOKS READ SO FAR...






FICTION

NONFICTION









I'm looking forward the group read with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS, Greg from BOOK HAVEN, and Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG.




I read the prequel, which was published years after this title, and loved it, so I went into this story expecting a lot. It didn't help that the movie is one of my favorites, too. The movie fixed everything wrong with the book, so I recomend reading the prequel, THE RULES OF MAGIC, and then watching the Practical Magic movie; skipping this book altogether.





I really don't care for super power elements, and I have been off dystopic YA for a while, so I didn't think this was going to be anything more than three stars at best, but I really liked it! There was about zero romance and no fashion, the two things I loathe in large amounts in YA. The super powers weren't over the top, either. The sequel Never Fade is even better.




I don't cry as a rule over a book, but there was a death at the end of this one that moistened my eyes.





 This book made me contentedly happy. The author would be my favorite new author, also.





Wendell, the sheet haunting ghost.









AS SEEN ON TV
This was my first As Seen On TV post and it turned out to be very popular!
I TAG, YOU!
Leave the link to your FREAKOUT and I'll hop over and drop a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.