Sunday, May 14, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #112

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
What You Would Like To See More Of In Books

ARE THERE AUTHORS YOU AVOID READING?

I was skipping along thinking I was keeping up with the blog until I realized that I never did my May WOW on the first Wednesday of the month, nor my Monthly Mash reading wrap-up on the first Saturday. What an idiot. Ha ha.
I want to start doing my Saturday Evening Conversations posts again.
I guess Breaking the Spine is officially done with Waiting On Wednesday, now. I was wondering because she had not put up a new post and fresh linky in months. I emailed her once and tweeted to her several times asking if she was going to be putting up new linkies, but she never answered. I doesn't appear that she has handed it off to anyone because two other people have started features with a little bit different titles; one is Waiting For Wednesday. These are both weekly memes, but I was thinking about starting a monthly feature where I post the linky on the first Wednesday of the month and leave it up the entire month. What do you think? I would need some suggestions for a name. If anyone has heard that the feature was officially passed to someone else please let me know.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
In April, 25 years ago, my son was born and it turned my world upside down (in a good way).


Here's to all the moms who have wiped butts and snotty noses hundreds (thousands?) of times, been vomited on, peed and pooped on, been seriously sleep deprived, weathered massive temper tantrums... the terrible twos... and threenagers, dried buckets tears, and watched the same Disney movie over and over and over again, ha ha. I salute you.
It's been a wild ride, but full of so much love. Twenty-five years later I not only have a loving son, but a best friend, too.


I Funko Popped myself!

BOUGHT EBOOKS
This is one of the Adult Fiction books the author of A Wrinkle In Time wrote. It is a dark love story. Although the Goodreads synopsis makes it sound more like an obsession. Heh. It was $1.99, but it is full price again.

Another L' Engle book, but this one is a memoire. It was also $1.99, but full price once again.

It is the second installment in a series of short stories about Sherlock Holme's younger sister Morrigan, by my favorite vampire author (she writes about vampires, she is not one herself, ha ha). It is saying something that she has got me reading a mystery story. These e-stories are 99¢.

NETGALLEY
This book has been out for a while, so I don't know why it's on Netgalley (maybe a paperback re-issue?), but it's Alice Hoffman, so I'll take it!

My favorite vlogger, Amber, from THE MILE LONG BOOKSHELF did another free book handout video...

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
TEASER

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
What Do You Do With Unwanted Books?

THE MONTHLY MASH

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a marvelous new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.