Saturday, May 13, 2017

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #8 - Are There Authors You Avoid Reading?

NUMBER EIGHT
ARE THERE AUTHORS YOU AVOID READING?

l

BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Billy at Ramblings From A Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. This week's question was submitted by Maria from A Night's Dream Of Books.

If you read a book you ended up hating would you stay away from future books by that author, or would you give them a second chance?


Probably not unless I saw it was a book the author's fans didn't care for either. I have always intended to read A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, but I read an ARC of her novel, The Heart Goes Last, and it was filled with a lot of similar scenes repeated over and over again, and it was too predictable. I had figured out "the secret" before they revealed there was a secret.

However, many of her fans were giving this story two thumbs down also, so I have decided to still give A Handmaid's Tale a try because I loved the original 1990 movie.


I think if an author was writing outside of their principal genre, and I liked their normal genre, I might also give them another try.


I am more likely to avoid authors for something awful they have said or done.
Are there authors you avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.