Tuesday, May 30, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #148

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-EIGHT

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪
Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

ADULT
HUMOR
MEMOIRE - ESSAYS
NETGALLEY ARC
My warning is not to read this while eating. She likes to decribe bodily functions and sweaty crevices in great detail. I haven't rated it yet on Goodreads. I have to figure out the weight between positive message and negative message. It certainly isn't the body positive book I was led to believe it was. It publishes May 30th.

YOUNG ADULT
SERIES#1
DIVERSE
RACISM
CULTURAL
HISTORICAL FICTION
EDELWEISS ARC
★★★★
I was contemplating giving this only three stars on Goodreads because the first 45% of the story was so dry, but the message it holds is too important and the back half of the book was wonderful. It published April 11th.

WOMEN'S LIT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
NETGALLEY ARC
Ugh, shoot me now. I went from reading two books by POC authors to this absurd drivel about white upper middle class suburbanites. Who reads this crap? I thought it was a story about women empowering themselves, but all it has done is remind me why I used to hang out with the guys at parties. Hopefully there is some growth for this main character. It publishes June 6th.

YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
MEMOIRE
ISSUE RELATED
MUSIC
NETGALLEY ARC
I think that after I finish reading the suburban housewive's pablum I will need something real and gritty. It publishes June 6th.

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.