Sunday, May 21, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #113

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
Favorite Literary Parents

Extremely light week last week from a combination of work, internet problems, problems with this ancient Kindle Fire, and a bit of a motivational slump.
BOOK RIOT posted a link to an article on their webpage and the author was boasting about how they never borrow books and only read real books (ebooks aren't real books according to this guy). He was basically boasting about how special he is because he buys and keeps physical copies of every book he reads. The article was put downish of library users (in fact when I checked to see if he was a regular contributor, and he is, there is another article penned by him called Sorry Libraries). Anyway, everyone who commented on Book Riot's Facebook page about the guy being condescending, pointing out that libraries are a good thing, or that not everyone has that kind of money, had their comments deleted. In my case I was banned from the page, and I am assuming that was the case for all the other vanished commenters, too. I guess Book Riot doesn't support libraries, or readers who can't afford to buy physical copies of every single book they read. It is very bad business to delete the comments of those who have a differing opinion from your contributor and then block them from the page. I am going to do a blog post about this guy and Book Riot's methods. I am curious to see if they also deleted my Disqus comment on his article.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
ADULT FICTION
DUOLOGY BOOK ONE
SCIENCE FICTION
I saw a fabulous review for this book on someone's blog a couple of years ago, sorry to whomever it was because I cannot remember where. And if I am not mistaken there was a little flurry of activity around it last year, too; was there a reissue with new covers? Anyway... I have wanted to read it and was happy to see it on sale for $1.99 and for those interested it is still on sale.

ADULT? YA?
SERIES BOOK ONE
MYSTERY
PARANORMAL
HISTORICAL
I saw this in a release day blitz on Pili's blog, IN LOVE WITH HANDMADE, last year. I loved the cover and was also intrigued by the summary. It is still free right now and a pre-order of the sequel is only $1.99.

NETGALLEY
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
FANTASY
How could I pass up a book with that title? And this cover... Metal rules! It publishes July 11th

Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS has a timeturner necklace TWITTER GIVEAWAY going on, to celebrate her second blog anniversary!


Chris Cornell the lead singer for Soundgarden, Temple Of the Dog, and Audioslave died last week. His voice had no equal. The time I first saw Soundgarden's video, Hands All Over, on MTV's 120 Minutes in 1989 was the last time I was hyper-excited about a new band. R.I.P.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
What Do You Do With Unwanted Books?

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Summer Reads
ARC TEASER

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
What Is the Most Fun About Blogging?

THE MONTHLY MASH
STACKING THE SHELVES

52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a serendipitous new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.