Tuesday, May 9, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #145 + TTT

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FIVE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

★★
I solidly liked the first book, but this book was a disaster.


This book is reckless, and I feel an outright danger to persons with mental health struggles. I think it should be unpublished.

ADULT LIT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
(yes, to my dismay the 70s are now considered historical)
AUDIOBOOK
I am still on my current review book from Audiobook Boom.
◆◆◆
I am not reading an ARC right now, so no teaser this week.

ADULT? YA?
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1970s
OTHELLO RETELLING
This is the next book in the Hogarth Shakespeare series. It is written by the author of Girl With a Pearl Earring. It publishes May 16th


READING WISH LIST
What you want to see more of in books.

1. Teens doing volunteer work. At my son's high school they have to do 300 hours of volunteerism in 9-12th grade in order to receive their diploma. Don't they do this other places, too?

2. A YA that has no love interests concerning the main characters and they aren't unhappy about it. My son hung out in a mixed group of kids and there was only one couple. I was happy because other moms were always complaining that once their teens started dating their grades went down. I think it would be great for this to be made hip in Young Adult Contemporaries.

3. Ghost main characters.

4. MCs in wheelchairs.

5. Women and girls in non traditional jobs and activities.

6. Single dads who aren't hopeless.

7. Stories set in the counterculture hippie years.

8. Migrant workers.

9. (real) Punk rockers.

10. Big families of adopted or foster children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.