Sunday, April 5, 2020

SUNDAY CHAT #7 - I Needed a Good Cry

SUNDAY CHAT
 SEVEN
I NEEDED A GOOD CRY

Hello, lovely library lions and beautiful book dragons! Today was my worse day since this plague thing started happening. My son works in a store which sells essential items and he's out in the general public five days a week, so the extra stress of him being out amongst the populous and then coming home, and the extra sanitizing and precautions which come with it, finally got to me. It's hard trying to stay out of the same room because the apartment is so small and there's also no hugs. They finally got masks at his work a couple of days ago, for the employees, and I was relieved, but when I asked him this morning if he wears one when he's working in the stockroom he said that the masks they were given were disposables and they are out of them already. I don't know what it was, but it broke me. I was thinking okay, I don't care anymore; I'm not going to sanitize or use paper towels to touch door handles and faucets anymore, and I don't care if we are in the same room together. I threw my breakfast in the garbage and opened the mail and packages in the five day wait pile on the staircase landing. I just didn't care. My lungs are still not 100% from being ill all winter and I am tired of being petrified every time I cough.
I recently discovered old Match Game episodes on Facebook and besides playing tons of Words With Friends and solitaire, that's what I've been watching to keep my mind occupied. Anyway, after one of the Match Game episodes ended a video compilation of dogs seeing their people again after months and years started playing, and I cried watching it and I kept crying afterwards; big ugly crying... and I felt better. So I will go around sanitizing when Baz gets home, I'll stay out of the same room, I'll keep the hugs on my wishlist and I'll use paper towels for opening things. We still have toilet paper, so what the hell is wrong with me! I've also discovered these...

IRISH PEOPLE TRY (WEIRD) FOODS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
Sometimes they drink alcohol, ha ha. WARNING: Irish people like to use the eff word, a lot!


PLEASE PLAY THIS GAME WITH ME IN THE COMMENTS!
TEN THINGS UNPOPULAR OPINION
I don't like...
guacamole
spicy foods
beer
the color pink
plaid
big hipster beards
American football
Starbucks
blueberries
 flip flops

Have you started watching, or doing, and strange things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.