Monday, April 20, 2020

READ-ALONG Lost Horizon

LOST HORIZON READ-ALONG

Greg from BOOK HAVEN is hosting a read-along of this classic. You can peruse his introduction post: HERE. I jumped on this as soon as I saw Greg mention it because of my 2020 reading theme of classics!

The ebook is only 25¢ right now: HERE. You should join us. Greg will be posting some discussion questions and the read-along part is laid back. Most editions are under 225 pages, so it's a quick read.

There have been many great covers for this book. Did you know it was the first ever published paperback?

This is a re-read for me, but I read it so long ago I don't remember what I'm recalling from the book or the original 1937 film. I remember watching it the first time with my grandmother when it was on television.


There is also the 1973 musical film I've seen several times...

This film doesn't make one feel nearly as introspective as the old black and white dramatic release, but if you love musicals this is one you should have on your watched list.

I hope you'll join us!

Do you like reading classics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.