Saturday, October 6, 2018

THE WRAP #178 - Blog. Life. Music. Food. Web. - It's My Birthday!

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - FOOD - WEB
STACKING THE SHELVES


THE WRAP
BI-MONTHLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB
STACKING THE SHELVES

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON - WANTING - WISHING FOR

READ-ALONG
FIFTEEN YEARS OF BARTIMAEUS
AMULET OF SAMARKAND DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

LOOKING FORWARD
UPCOMING EVENTS AND POSTS
OCTOBER EDITION

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
SEPTEMBER READING WRAP-UP

BOOK CRUST
BOOK COVERS
SPOOKY TO SCARY


I gave the blog a mini-facelift. There are new header, title, and section fonts! I think I am going to change the secondary font periodically to fit my moods. I also have added bits of color here and there. There is also a new monthly cover love feature, BOOK CRUST, but I might change it to BOOK JACKET. What is your suggestion?


It's my birthday today!


I made things easy for my son and made a BOOK OUTLET order he can pay for. Ha ha. I'm going to have him get THE TALES OF THE BEEDLE BARD ILLUSTRATED for me for Yule.


I hopefully have enough money saved up to buy myself a new practice amp/interface for my birthday. Fingers crossed!

RACHELF GUITAR demo'd a THR10 on her YouTube channel and she sold me on this amp. I don't need all the user memory presets, so I'm opting for the model that's $100 less. 


And speaking of Rachelf...
NITA STRAUSS, Alice Cooper's guitarist, wore Rachelf's T-SHIRT in concert!
She also recently uploaded her first original song...


And she now has a PATREON page. You can throw her some support for as little as $1 a month. It warms my heart to see all the people she inspires to pick up a guitar and start playing.


FRESH CIDER! And cinnamon sugar doughnut holes, but shhh... they're not on my diet. Ha ha.
🍎


STACKING THE SHELVES IS HOSTED BY:

FROM PUBLISHER
I was thrilled when Harper Collins emailed and asked if I wanted a review ARC. It's super nice, too, it has deckled edges and all the gold accents are shiny foil.

I think this must have come from Penguin Publishing. It's one of the Children's picture books I checked on their request form. What a wonderful book to be able to put in the Little Free Library at the community center.

BETTER WORLD BOOKS MINI-HAUL
Childhood favorites of my sons that we didn't have. I was a little heartbroken because he didn't remember the CATWINGS book. These are for my Someday Grandchildren's library. BETTER WORLD BOOKS has free international shipping and "used good" books like the ones above are only $3.98.

NETGALLEY

KINDLE PURCHASES
THE WORLD OF LORE MONSTROUS CREATURES - free with promotional credits
BETTER WATCH OUT - freebie - Christmas Horror
QUALIFY - freebie
BELLAMY AND BRUTE - freebie - Beauty and the Beast retelling
THE VIRGIN CURE - $1.99 - prequel to The Witches of New York
THE FREEBIES WERE ALL FROM THE FUSSY LIBRARIAN


SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!


TRUE STORIES that inspired some of the required reading titles in high school.




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

WEDNESDAY WHATNOT
WAITING ON - WANTING - WISHING FOR

THE SNIDGET
MAGICAL NEWS BULLETIN
Harry Potter Fandom - Fantasy Readers

THE WRAP
BLOG. LIFE. MUSIC. FOOD. WEB.
STACKING THE SHELVES

*There will always be a chance of a: DOWN THE TBR HOLE, CONVERSATIONS, RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV,
TAG - YOU'RE IT!, or PIN IT. HAUL IT. DO IT!

Have a stellar new week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.