Tuesday, September 25, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #216 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★★★
(4.5)
If you want to join Annemieke's BARTIMAEUS SERIES read-a-long hop on over to her blog, A DANCE WITH BOOKS. The first discussion post is set up so that you can join in anytime and catch up. I love Stroud's writing style. I found the entire quartet on HOOPLA. This first book read like velvet.

★★★★
(4.5)
Published September 4th - Netgalley
MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
POVERTY/BULLYING



I am on to book two for Annemieke's #I5YearsOfBartimaeus read-a-long.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
HORROR/THRILLER
MUSIC/HEAVY METAL/FEMINISM
 Published September 18th - Netgalley
I saw this reviewed on Liis from COVER TO COVER's blog: HERE, and I ran like lightning over to Netgalley to request it. I'm almost 3/4 finished and it's a rollercoaster of a reading ride. I'm loving it!


ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION
FANTASY/WITCHES
Publishes October 2nd - Netgalley
When I saw this I had to have it! I researched my paternal grandfather's side of the family back to Sleepy Hollow in the 1600s. Jeremiah Canniff was a deacon in, and one of the founding members of the Old Dutch Church, which is featured in Washington Irving's THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.

MIDDLE GRADE
CASSIDY BLAKE SERIES #1
CONTEMPORARY
FANTASY/PARANORMAL
SCOTLAND
I was gob-smacked when I saw this was up on HOOPLA already. Yay! I loved Schwab's A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC, but I have read two of her other books VICIOUS and THIS SAVAGE SONG and they were both seriously flawed in my opinion. I am hoping I will love this one.


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.