Tuesday, October 2, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #217 - Last. Now. Next. - September Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN
SEPTEMBER READING WRAP-UP

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


MIDDLE GRADE
CASSIDY BLAKE SERIES #1
CONTEMPORARY
FANTASY/PARANORMAL
SCOTLAND
My review is only one word, but you can get the gist of my problems with the book through my updates. I will be adding the random thoughts I had about the story that I put in my notebook app later today. Besides it being a total failure as a Middle Grade, it had all the same continuity and coincidence problems as THIS SAVAGE SONG and VICIOUS. I don't know how someone could write such an airtight magical system for A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC and be this vague and scattered about the paranormal rules in her other books.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
HORROR/THRILLER
MUSIC/HEAVY METAL/FEMINISM
 Published September 18th - Netgalley
I saw this reviewed on Liis from COVER TO COVER's blog: HERE, and knew I needed to read it. It's a carry over from September, but it fits my October demon theme well.

ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION
FANTASY/WITCHES
ROMANCE (ugh)
Publishes October 2nd - Netgalley
This book was coming along nicely until the hokey romance scenes started. I thought maybe it was going to be a short one or two time thing, but the last two chapters have been all romance, cheesy romance, and no witches nor spells to be seen. It is based on
 Washington Irving's THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.



I cheated and used my October TBR graphic for the #CreepyCrawlyChallenge18 day one prompt. I don't know what order I'll be reading these in. I think I want to try ROSEMARY'S BABY first.



EIGHT BOOKS - SEPTEMBER
CURRENT ARCS = 2
BACKLIST ARCS = 1
HOOPLA = 3
BEAT THE BACKLIST
FOUR BOOKS
26/50
TEAM
.


I'm still stumped on the book inspired by a feature film. Any suggestions?

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.