Tuesday, October 16, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #219 - Last. Now. Next. - TOP TEN Bucket List Bookstores

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND NINETEEN
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!




ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION
FANTASY/WITCHES
ROMANCE (ugh)
Published October 2nd
There is no rating because I am trying to figure out if I want to give the book one, or two, stars. This story was wonderful until about 12% when the hokey romance scenes started. Three grunty/gropey/grindy romance themes kept repeating themselves over, and over again until about the 60% mark in the book, when it picked up again, and I was enjoying it. However, it didn't get good enough to undo all the damage done from that beginning 50%. There was also a lot of license taken with the historical elements for a Historical Fiction story. I know they do this with Historical Romance (which is what this book is in reality), but it's being promoted and marketed as HF, so therefore I am reviewing it as HF. I don't think people used the word "gonna" in the early 1800s. She admitted in the acknowledgements that she used Halloween traditions and a style of tarot cards that weren't around until 100 years later "for benefit to the story". *eyes rolling to the back of my head* There never ends up being any spellbook, either, so the hook of the title was a lie. This story is based on Washington Irving's THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.

★★★★
ADULT FICTION
HORROR
Published March 12th 1967
The dialogue is fantastic. It's very real and natural feeling. there weren't any substantial differences from the movie. I finished the sequel SON OF ROSEMARY. Like I was warned, it wasn't that great. I'm still trying to figure out my rating.I



Annemieke's #I5YearsOfBartimaeus read-along is in full swing on A DANCE WITH BOOKS, and this month's title is THE GOLEM'S EYE

Melissa was the webmistress for the Harry Potter social site I was a member of, and I am participating in a ten year anniversary re-read of HARRY, A HISTORY, in a Facebook group hosted by THE LEAKY CAULDRON.



 I wasn't aware this published today! I was sent a physical ARC by the publisher. I loved THE ESSEX SERPENT, so I am expecting to love this story, too.

👉 UPDATED ARC SCHEDULE ðŸ‘ˆ




HOSTED BY
LIBRARY I WANT TO VISIT
This TMT is dreadfully late because my Kindle Fire's keyboard is acting up, and it is having problems loading photos and links, so one place... ten photos. I had seen this building many many times in trekking around NYC, but it wasn't until I started book blogging, almost five years ago, that I realized this beauty was a library! I haven't been into the city since I found out, so it's tops on my to-do list next time I'm there.



What is a top bookish destination on your list?
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.